Anybody could do it!

has anyone else had the phrase “its only driving,anybody can do it, sitting on your arse allday!”? thrown at them.

The next person that says this(mother-in-law) or something similar will be going under the wheels where i diddnt see them because its only driving and anybody can do it! it would not be so bad if wasnt for idiot car drivers, pushbikes and mopeds without a care in the world, London bus drivers! and the people who are intent on crossing the road through moving traffic when there is a bloody road crossing 20feet away and look at you like your in the wrong and give you the finger when you blow your horn. my moans for the day.
anybody else.

I have heard the same thing but it was while I was fixing cars at a garage…would love to see some people fix cars.A fe people I know dont evan know how to check the oil…

Yes! the wife she likes to remind me how much weight i 'm putting on. She said sitting on your ■■■ all day thats not hard! :open_mouth:

She forgets i have to pick up a pen now and again :laughing:

I believe they are called pet hates…i would need to write a book about most of mine, including all of the above, even if im guilty of some of them my self (aint we all).. What really gets me is my missus...you gotta check my car for oil, and dont forget the gearbox(auto) Its no good me telling her i wont be around forever, or telling herits about time you learnt to do it yourself, cos all i get is,, well you do the ironing, or the shopping, or washing`…that sort of shuts me up for a while, but annoying nonetheless, even though she rarely does more than 100 miles a week.

Yeah, a couple of the yard guys say this at my place… it makes me (zb) mad!!

if it needs stars or miss-spelling to get past the word censor it means it’s not allowed mm

I have quite a good battle going on now on my motorcycle forum. Basically we are just lazy gits who sit on our arse and earn 30 - 40k per year.

Apparently some common people dont earn that after going to university for 5 years. :stuck_out_tongue:

One even thinks that working in a bank makes him more highly skilled than us. I reminded him an ATM can do his job, I have to do mine :smiley:

There’s nothing to it. Sit on your arse all day in a nice warm cab listening to music, that’s all we do. Give a monkey a satnav and it could do our job mate…
Heard them all.

I usually go along with them and agree with them, shuts them up quicker.

Same as the above,

Hear people say its an easy job,

What annoys me most tho is “helpful” bystanders who try to tell me how to use “MY” Hiab!
I only use it every day, loading some pretty ridiculous things. I think I know how to use it!

I just nod politely and do the opposite! :open_mouth: They soon run away in horror!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Would love to get some of these people out with me… make them do it all… & all of it in any or all of, cold/driving rain/dark.

Navigate way into co. avoiding low bridges, weight restrictions, cars parked on corners, etc. etc.
comply with onsite PPE rules
Reverse into tight spot.
Undo 44? curtain buckles.
Or, relinquish keys & therefor control of your property/office/bedroom.
“sorry mate, canteen don’t open on saturday”
Strap the load (No roof straps as Euroliners)
Close curtains & rebuckle.
Thread TIR cord.
Plan route out & to port.
Comply with a miriad of hours law rules.
Operate digital tacho correctly.
cope with numpty BMW etc. drivers.
stick to 40 on wide, long, modern major roads.
climb in & out of cab many many times a day.
On dropping trailer:
remove no. plate & strip all rear lamp lenses & bulbs out.
legs down.
lines off.
pin release.

Repeat above 2 - 5 times a day.
Drive upto 750 kms and 10 hours day.
work upto 15 hours a day.

most have probably never worked more than 8 hours in a day or driven more than 50 miles at once.

pah! they wouldn’t last 5 minutes!

Traction then?

Wheel Nut:
I have quite a good battle going on now on my motorcycle forum.

I know :wink:

So the tanker drivers have gone back. read the comments what people really think about you on, Have your Say, 7 or 8 pages of negative drivel.

Have Your Say

peirre:

Wheel Nut:
I have quite a good battle going on now on my motorcycle forum.

I know :wink:

tee hee :laughing:

I had to leave my last Job to look after my autusic 3yr old son.
The new driver they employed ex-army lad said it was easier in the army.

So the whole of my family thought I had it easy until my brother in law came with me on a scotland trip i picked him up @ 10am I had 1300litres into Aspatria, 2800litres into Du Pont @ Dumfries, 3500litres into Noble @ Ayr, 800 litres into DHL Coldstores @ Paisley and a Drop near ■■■■■■■■■■■■ I just wished i had a pto on but oh no a 32kg parastelic pump to be lifted of the lorry from above chest height then run 30m hose to the tank and for 1000ltrs takes 40mins I was back in wallasey for 8pm the next night he never said he could do my job ever again. Shame my missus couldnt of come with me then I wouldnt of had " you just sit on your ■■■ all day" for 2.5years.

Its not everyones cup of tea but I love my job so bollox to any jore bloggs saying driving is easy as it aint!!

Its not everyones cup of tea but I love my job so bollox to any jore bloggs saying driving is easy as it aint!!

in the grand scheme of things it is easy.
i could teach my consultant how to do my job in a week, i’ll bet i couldn’t work out how to cure people of cancer in a week.

K.Adams:
Ii picked him up @ 10am I had 1300litres into Aspatria, 2800litres into Du Pont @ Dumfries, 3500litres into Noble @ Ayr, 800 litres into DHL Coldstores @ Paisley and a Drop near ■■■■■■■■■■■■ I just wished i had a pto on but oh no a 32kg parastelic pump to be lifted of the lorry from above chest height then run 30m hose to the tank

I was just interested in what product you were delivering using a peristaltic pump. Its an unusual system to use on a truck, unless it is totally dedicated.

To Wheelnut

It was basiclly liquid chemical soduim bishuphalte solution, soduim hydroxide and soduim hypoclorite solution. Water treatment chemicals for boilers and cooling systems.

The transport manager doesnt have a clue a coulpe of us said get pto’s and other pumps but they didnt listen. There was a rival company from Wininck they had a good set up on theirs but the boss said it was too expensive but with the profits they were making on some products I cant understand why they did invest in new gear. As for the truck it was supposed to be spec’d but my autistic son could do a better job.

Heres a pic of my equipement after the Holiday driver had finished with it

Photobucket

This pic is what i pumped into

Photobucket

We do get paid to sit on our arse all day, well i do :slight_smile:

I pick a trailer up at the port, drive down south with it maybe 6 hours drive in total, stop for my breakfast half way down. Get to yard sit read my book or watch a dvd for 40mins whilst i get unloaded and loaded.

Then take an 9 hour break, sleep for awhile, get up watch another DVD or read my book or chat to other drivers, then its back up the road drop trailer off.

Hardest bit of my job is picking and droping off the trailer, oh yeah and opening the curtains.

Can’t really complain, its not exactly hard work, hardest bit is having to listen to Jeremy Vine !

In a more fair world them guys in 7.5 tonners and class 2’s running about doing mulidrop stressed all day long having handball delivieries they would get more money than class 1.

Anyone could do this job ? To be honest yeah majority of people could do it. Majority of people could do most jobs if given the right training. Whither they could stick it is another matter.