Anybody been to Milano Congressi?

I’ve got a trip to an exhibition centre in Milan coming up, just wondered if anybody had been there before and has any tips like routes in, etc.

Muckles, dead easy, come off the junction straight after the peage, you’ll see the main exhibition centre to the left from the autostrada as you approach the pay station. Come off and back over the autostrada and its one of the first exits going north.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Plambert:
Muckles, dead easy, come off the junction straight after the peage, you’ll see the main exhibition centre to the left from the autostrada as you approach the pay station. Come off and back over the autostrada and its one of the first exits going north.

Hope this helps,

Regards

That sounds more like the directions to Fieramilano at Rho rather than the city centre one muckles linked to. That one is down near the San Siro and the horse racing track and you won’t see it from the peage.

For the city one you continue past the one at Rho and where the A4 and I think it’s the A8 meet take the exit toward the city centre and it’s down there.

muckles:
I’ve got a trip to an exhibition centre in Milan coming up, just wondered if anybody had been there before and has any tips like routes in, etc.

Allianz MiCo

I’ve replied to your PM mate :smiley: Fiera Milano Congressi is definitely in the centre. Make sure you get a gate number to go in through aswell :wink:

Thanks for the replies and the PM Andy, i’ve had a good look at the place on google and I’m pretty happy about getting there. I’ll try and get a gate number, but as they haven’t answered any email about getting the truck in so far I’m not hoping for a quick reply.
I’m thinking of parking near Milan on the Saturday night and getting in to Milan on the Sunday morning before the driving ban, I beleive this is from 8am to 10pm. I’ve never stopped at Cariso or Arluno before so are they open on Saturday night and some directions might be handy.
Then park at the place Andy went to whilst we are at the centre as it’s close.

muckles:
Thanks for the replies and the PM Andy, i’ve had a good look at the place on google and I’m pretty happy about getting there. I’ll try and get a gate number, but as they haven’t answered any email about getting the truck in so far I’m not hoping for a quick reply.
I’m thinking of parking near Milan on the Saturday night and getting in to Milan on the Sunday morning before the driving ban, I beleive this is from 8am to 10pm. I’ve never stopped at Cariso or Arluno before so are they open on Saturday night and some directions might be handy.
Then park at the place Andy went to whilst we are at the centre as it’s close.

As far as I can remember, there’s only one gate you can get the truck in :slight_smile:
Carisio is ideal to stop at, there’s plenty of life there at the weekends, good food & good showers. But beware you’ll do more kms in a night in the restaurant than you’ll do in 10 yrs on the road :wink: It’s called 'Albergo Garonne, come off at the Carisio exit & you’ll see it on the left. The only services after that is I think Pero where there’s only 3 or 4 truck parking spots.
Italy ban is indeed 8-22h http://www.tunnelmb.net/v3.0/pdf/Calendario-2011_GB-DE.pdf you can pick one of these up at the bottom of the Blanc.

Looking at the map of the centre I think it will be gate 13, but I’ll get it confirmed, that’s if they ever reply to emails. If not just get there and ask in my best pigeon italian. :laughing: Cariso sounds like a good call.

Like I said in the pm mate, don’t expect them to be helpful. I turned up at the gate with my cmr with the correct address on & the guards pushed me away, then they sent me to somebody who they said spoke english, he told me he didn’t. I later heard him guiding some guests round in perfect english :laughing:
If it’s an expo you’re going for there’s bound to be other exhibitors there so just join the queue & they’ll wave you in when they are ready & give you a pass :wink:

Coffeeholic:

Plambert:

Hope this helps,

Regards

That sounds more like the directions to Fieramilano at Rho rather than the city centre one muckles linked to. That one is down near the San Siro and the horse racing track and you won’t see it from the peage.

For the city one you continue past the one at Rho and where the A4 and I think it’s the A8 meet take the exit toward the city centre and it’s down there.

Ah. Yes, it was :blush: A quick look at the ‘location map’ on the site and Bob’s not my uncle!