Any women drivers out there

any lady drivers out there to share tips advice .

Animal will prob be along shortly…She’ll point you in the right direction…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

thankyou

Take any opportunity to use toilets we are. Not designed as well as men! Womens gardening gloves work well if like me you have small hands lots of equestrian brands do Stell toe capped boots which although more expensive are far more comfortable than most work wear boots, Accept all help even if you don’t need it it makes men feel good if they do and why struggle just for the hell of it if they are willing to do it for you. any other questions please shout there are no jobs you can’t do just sometimes you have to work clever than men to accomplish it, I drive a low loader delivery farm machinery and plant Have Fun

:smiley: thanks for the advice i passed my c class in november got all the cpc stuff done waiting on my card to arrive i start my c + e in feb looking forward to it and yes its been fun so far and i want it to continue :astonished:

Hi, it’s no different from anything else in life , use manners , they cost nowt! Be prepared to listen to advice , there’s lots of it out there on different types of work. Be prepared for the unexpected too.
I do general haulage at the moment C&E, although I have previously done other types of work such as containers, straw, wool sheets, steel, double deckers ,& palletised goods , flatbed miscellaneous just to name a few, wagon & drag as well as articulated vehicles. I absolutely love it.

i must admit when i got behind the wheel i did think yes i want to do this as i am just starting out im looking to do a bit of ridgid work for a little experiance hopefully before i start my C+E in feb but if i dont i will just get on with the arctics and go from there :smiley:

C+E is probably a better situation for the ladies! :wink:
However I would say working your way up is a good idea whoever you are, as going from zero to 44t shouldn’t be taken for granted! :open_mouth:
Tipper driving seems to be a popular vocation for class 2 ladies, along with men that don’t wash! :laughing:

Best of luck…

The UK does not have many female Lgv drivers , it does seem to be white middle aged men, I spot the odd Indian driver and the odd coloured driver, but not many around on the roads .
Female drivers get treated the same .
I worked with Carla on Gibraltar round trips who did a blind side reverse in to a gateway, the width of the truck.
She did it in one go, whereas myself and five men took numerous shunts to get in.
Then the legend of Diesel Kate on European work .
Who may not have adhered to tacho laws and had an incident due to fatigue .
Lady drivers welcome to the industry, we are fed up with Rdc waiting room bores who insist on telling everyone their breakdown of what happened in the day .

Well I started driving small van then moved up now driving artic have been for several years now hardly ever drove cat C tbh

Try some agency work see what suits you best unless a job comes along I prefer fridge work find it suits me even the early starts I don’t mind

I wear steel toe caps but being a size 35 not easy to get but do have insoles in them I bought some decent gloves although big due to small hands I do night out alway watch where I am parking although up to now never had a problem as said alway be polite if in doubt ask if somewhere ask if you can use the ladies if none available ( I have often be allowed to use the staff ladies )

If anything else just ask as you can see there are plenty of us on here that just do the job

If you see a ladies loo use it lol

Never be afraid to ask for a bit of help

Get out and look

Stand your ground if you aren’t happy about something

It helps to have a good sense of humour :smiley:

Enjoy!

lilac lady:
TAccept all help even if you don’t need it it makes men feel good if they do

You are so right, most of us are such mugs when it comes to helping a Damsel in distress. :laughing:
in our minds you probably going to fall for us after we’ve rescued you from danger and you cop a load of our toned muscles. :open_mouth:
Sadly the truth is you play us poor saps like a fiddle and we come back for more. :laughing:

I take my hat off to any female who takes up C+E driving. Good on you and good luck!

muckles:

lilac lady:
TAccept all help even if you don’t need it it makes men feel good if they do

You are so right, most of us are such mugs when it comes to helping a Damsel in distress. :laughing:
in our minds you probably going to fall for us after we’ve rescued you from danger and you cop a load of our toned muscles. :open_mouth:
Sadly the truth is you play us poor saps like a fiddle and we come back for more. :laughing:

You are so right this is the reason I bought a plain ring which I now where on third finger left hand due to fact was given several phone numbers within a few weeks this was after either they offered to give me some help or just a brief conversation hmm no thanks :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: some men think they have it sorry but not interested

That’s a good idea about buying a ring. Within a couple of weeks on one site I’d been asked out by 2 digger drivers, a tipper driver, a groundworker and a shovel driver. :smiley:

sammy770:
That’s a good idea about buying a ring. Within a couple of weeks on one site I’d been asked out by 2 digger drivers, a tipper driver, a groundworker and a shovel driver. :smiley:

Mine is a plain ring ( looks lie wedding ring ) bought in 1 of those cheap jewellers