Any women do nights out on here?

Have a serious question.
We’re starting a woman driver on Monday.
And it got me thinking. Our place don’t do paid parking. We do maybe one two night out a week.

How do you cope if caught short in the night as obv I can use a bottle or get out go under wheel arch.

How would she manage. Could she maybe demand paid parking on some kind of legal grounds etc

Shewee simples.

shewee.com/

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

You could just ask her if she knows?

Or have you never met a woman?

From my experience of female truck drivers they are, like all of the other 100% of the population of humans, fully aware they may have to pee.

The wouldn’t have any legal obligation to pay parking or anything. If they paid parking for her then they would have to do it for everyone, equal rights work both ways sometimes, and being female might be an inconvenience in this case, but not a disability.
It might require some more careful planning on her part, or use of facilities at customer sites, they will probably be more willing to accommodate for a woman than they would for most other ‘dirty, stinking truckers’

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Not yet, but if I did I would bring what we use for night time emergencies when camping far from the toilet block. This:

campingandcaravandirect.co. … ilet-p1819

Plus these:

popaloo.co.uk/shop/powder-bags-pb10-10/

Way Back In Time - when my missus used to come with me on Middle East runs, she’d often say “I need a Pee” and I would say "OK, As soon as I see somewhere I’ll pull in"
But as is understandable I soon forgot, so in the end she just used a Jam Jar and poured it out through the Quarter Light.
It worked well, the only downside was the streaks on the passenger door where the damp picked up the dust. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I hope they’ll make an exception for her regarding paid parking.
Not for piddling in the bushes reasons because there’s ways around that but for more obvious personal security for her reasons, yes i keeping hearing about all this equality ■■■■■■■■ but most of us hairy arsed lorry drivers live in the real world not the fake world of weirdos and we wouldn’t want to see a female colleague exposed to the more obvious dangers.

OK, so it’s almost 18 years since I retired, but back then my overnight parking was always paid for by my boss, it’s his truck not mine and if he wants me to park-up overnight he pays! I am amazed that anyone that has to do night’s out would expect to have to pay for the parking and facilities they need overnight, unless of course the night-out allowance is generous enough to cover that cost!

driveress:
Not yet, but if I did I would bring what we use for night time emergencies when camping far from the toilet block. This:

campingandcaravandirect.co. … ilet-p1819

Plus these:

popaloo.co.uk/shop/powder-bags-pb10-10/

There’s more than one way to skin a cat. :laughing:

download (2).jpeg

Juddian:
I hope they’ll make an exception for her regarding paid parking.
Not for piddling in the bushes reasons because there’s ways around that but for more obvious personal security for her reasons, yes i keeping hearing about all this equality ■■■■■■■■ but most of us hairy arsed lorry drivers live in the real world not the fake world of weirdos and we wouldn’t want to see a female colleague exposed to the more obvious dangers.

Oh, so it’s OK for us hairy arsed truckers to be exposed to the more obvious dangers?

You need to get out of your bunker Juddian, and stop listening to Donald Trump.

edd1974:
Have a serious question.
And it got me thinking. Our place don’t do paid parking. We do maybe one two night out a week.

How do you cope if caught short in the night as obv I can use a bottle or get out go under wheel arch.

How would she manage. Could she maybe demand paid parking on some kind of legal grounds etc

My two cents worth. If they don’t do paid parking they’re not worth working for. Would make me question what else they skimp on.

Sidevalve:

edd1974:
Have a serious question.

My two cents worth. If they don’t do paid parking they’re not worth working for. Would make me question what else they skimp on.

Yep I agree.
As for paying this lass for parking as a gesture, when they did not pay the men,.I wouldn’t be too keen on that either if I was daft enough to work for them…I would also park on purpose in diesel theft and truck crime hot spots, they’d sure as hell change their policy then…(if all the drivers stuck together…yeh right. :unamused: )

The only difference will be the style of en-suite facility… male = bottle, female = funnel and bottle.

Personally I don’t think a driver of any ■■■ should work for a company that won’t pay for parking.

grumpybum:
The only difference will be the style of en-suite facility… male = bottle, female = funnel and bottle.

Personally I don’t think a driver of any ■■■ should work for a company that won’t pay for parking.

Surely that is the reason lay-bys are full of trucks at night, because the companies don’t want to pay for parking. This has been an issue for years and no one wants to resolve it.

waddy640:

grumpybum:

Surely that is the reason lay-bys are full of trucks at night, because the companies don’t want to pay for parking. This has been an issue for years and no one wants to resolve it.

Or maybe the poor sod in the lay-by could not get a parking space in a truckstop? I’ve had to park a few times in ■■■■■■ places, because all parking was full. And every company I’ve worked for in the last 10 years have paid for parking.

Oh, and before the heroes start the " if you had planned ahead… if you didn’t run to 14 hours 50 minutes… blah blah", sometimes the best plans go tips up. Hence having to find something last minute.

Sidevalve:

edd1974:
Have a serious question.

My exact thinking.

Not since the 80s. Had a stronger bladder then… Had a small bucket for emergencies, quiet enough I would find a bush to hide behind.

I drove ( vans and puddlejumpers) all over the UK, Germany, Holland,bit of France & Benelux, mostly parked on ind estates or laybys and didn’t bother about security other than not parking in dodgy looking areas.

the nodding donkey:
Or maybe the poor sod in the lay-by could not get a parking space in a truckstop? I’ve had to park a few times in [zb] places, because all parking was full. And every company I’ve worked for in the last 10 years have paid for parking.

Oh, and before the heroes start the " if you had planned ahead… if you didn’t run to 14 hours 50 minutes… blah blah", sometimes the best plans go tips up. Hence having to find something last minute.

I mentioned in another thread that I was somewhat puzzled as to why the Salt Box lorry park was virtually empty the other night, when almost every layby on the A50 was rammed. Suggestions varied from drivers not knowing the cafe existed, to the fact that it was a couple of miles off route and they’d get a row off the gaffer if they went there.

Like you, I’ve had to use a lay-by when I’ve either run short on time due to a delay, or the truckstop I was aiming for was full; but there’s still no doubt in my mind that there are nowhere near enough decent parking facilities in the UK. But as I said in the “Use it or lose it” thread, some drivers do not help themselves.

I’m a woman driver - not full time driving at the moment, just when the business needs me to deliver something - boats on a trailer. I do lots of nights out, but my business charges the client for a Travelodge or similar for me. (And anyone else who does an overnight stop when needed).

I was considering getting my Class 1 and going f/t as a driver. Nights out in potentially deserted lay byes concern me more than where to wee, as I am quite happy with outdoor and camping-type options and regular stops at an RSA.

The big ‘you what■■?’ for me was reading that on long overnight ferries drivers can be put in double cabins. No offence guys, but that would be a big NO, with a male driver.

I am still deciding whether to drive full time or not, but whatever, the provision in this country for all drivers, whatever ■■■, is terrible and it’s shocking that companies won’t pay for a truckstop. I don’t know how this has been allowed, given all the H&S and welfare regs in employment law.

I hope the employment of a female driver leads to a ‘levelling up’ of conditions for all drivers. (ooh look - is that a pig in the sky?)