Any Volvo experts?

So after weeks and weeks I got my night heater repaired in December. It literally took the guy 2 seconds. I should have looked at what he done but I thought that was it fixed permanent. He opened the fuse box and pulled a fuse out and put it back in. And he said “that’s it reset”

Fuse 69 is the night heater but it wasn’t that one he pulled it was a big one. I’ve tried all the big ones but still nothing. Only ones left are the ones with the wires attached and I don’t know if I should put my paws on those ones :laughing:

It’s no my truck buts it the truck I get most so would like it fixed way this weather and they drag their heels about op defects getting repaired.

So is it one of the ones with the wires or is it maybe 2 of the big ones together?

Is that a new volvo if it is when a fuse blows if you switch it on and of the fuse resets it’s self
Also on the new volvo try switching isolater of for 5 mins this seems to solve some problems

I can only see fuses and relays there. Resets on Mercs.yes. Any more clues on that Volvo…
Like year, model, fl, fm fh ?..

64 plate FM

Might chance my luck and phone the dealer see if they’ll tell me over the phone what they did.

merc0447:
64 plate FM

Might chance my luck and phone the dealer see if they’ll tell me over the phone what they did.

Aye. The Mr’s used to drive one o’them, 6 wheeler rigid. Night heater was a noisy :;/'in thing.

Back shortly. Goin to do some research.

I’m nearly conceding defeat on this one. Traditionally, night heaters had an in-line fuse holder. The fuse inside should be the clear glass tube type rated at about 10 amps… the fuse wire within should have a short coil; that takes the excess current till the heater fires up…

He probably reset the ecu, so I would go for the plug with wires on which would reset it to default initial test mode. This all happens quick but will clear the fault until it happens again.

Some won’t do this as the fault will be stored and a laptop is needed to clear it.

Just guessin…

As with most things in life just turn it off and back on again… :wink:

Layman’s philosophy… If it’s got ■■■■ or tyres… It’s trouble :laughing: