Any tips

I might be getting a chance to drive class 2 for a general haulage local firm, curtain siders. They do all of the UK, this will be my first driving job since passing my test a month ago, any tips from the experienced guys? Or even new drivers can tell me their experience of the first job.

Thanks

LewisG94:
I might be getting a chance to drive class 2 for a general haulage local firm, curtain siders. They do all of the UK, this will be my first driving job since passing my test a month ago, any tips from the experienced guys? Or even new drivers can tell me their experience of the first job.

Thanks

Evil’s ‘thread’ is rather interesting (it’s about his first class 2 job)

here: The worst part of Class 2 Multidrop for a Newbie - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

and good luck :slight_smile:

Has it got a tail lift?

some have tail lifts, mainly Volvo but some MAN’s. They look after their vehicles and you get allocated a truck.

LewisG94:

Thanks

Hi mate! As Dave (nobodysdriving) says I’ve just started driving class2, and while that thread starts off with fridge trucks, I’m now on curtain siders with a huge tail lift & pallet truck when needed. It’s a good gig compared to the refrigerated store deliveries. So have a look at my posts, or rather the serious ones! :smiley: And if you’ve got any questions I’ll do my best to answer them. And I can also tell you this, you’re going to find it tiring to start, as I’m bloody shattered at present! :laughing: So I’ll apologize now if I can’t/don’t answer your question promptly!

Is it just day work or are you required to do a few nights out?

Make sure you have a pallet truck on the back before you set off! A lot of places don’t have FLT’s mate.

A few tips, it’s been many years since my first day on trucks, but my advice would be take your time, check and double check.
Check your truck, check your load, check your paperwork, check and plan your route.

Listen to the other drivers.
Don’t believe anything you’re told by other drivers. :laughing: