Any tips to avoid sitting in a puddle of sweat?

Currently driving a 54 plate Dennis Phoenix bin lorry :sunglasses: It’s really comfortable apart from one minor fault…especially in weather like we’ve had today (dash temp gauge was showing 28C)…I find that by the end of the day, my lower back and the seat of my trousers are soaked!! :blush:

The seat cover is vinyl/plastic…presumably designed that way to clean easily…with no perforations. I don’t wear the trousers work provide as they’re about 110% Polyester (and a hideous pale blue), mine are 100% cotton (and look much smarter in Navy blue). T-shirts and boxers are all 100% cotton too.

I’ve thought about seeing if I can get some kind of cover but wonder if anyone has any suggestions?

Get yoursen one of those bead seat thingies. I used to get same problem in my DAF in the summer and I know how you feel. I picked mine up from Tesco at Long Eaton, can’t remember how much it cost but it was a lot of years ago now. Didn’t completely cure it but certainly made a vast improvement as the gaps between the beads allows some air in and if there’s still any sticking to be done, you’re only sticking a bit to the beads and not the seat fabric, which will go all ikky and smelly after a while.

Don’t be put off by the beads being uncomfy to sit on because that’s what I thought at first, but they soon bed in and mould the seat cushion and are perfectly comfy. :smiley:

Used to have one of them in my old Astra (fake “leather” seats)…wasn’t sure if Health & Safety would allow them in a truck.

Wear a nappy. :laughing:

Simply remove your trousers and underpants.

JeffA:
Simply remove your trousers and underpants.

Do not attempt this. If you have a driving situation that makes you pucker up, you may well need a snow shovel to remove you from the seat :laughing: