Any recommendations for work (new pass) near /Bury/Rochdale

Hi All,

Passed my Class 2 on Friday. I’ve prepped the CV this weekend, got my car sorted and now ready to actively look for work.

I live in Rochdale, have applied for 2 DHL positions in Heywood/Bury. Will be going round the local transport companies, handing out my CV on Tuesday. Anyone can recommend a company or an agency that might be worthwhile?

I also have a FLT license if that makes an iota of difference or not, don’t know.

Many thanks people.

PASSING C.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Thank you Rog.

Congratulations

trevorking1964:
Congratulations

Thank you pal.

DHL in Bury may well be going as McColls are in serious trouble. They run the Safeway contract which supplies the Morrisons Daily and McColls stores.

You could try Walkers in Rochdale. They’re probably a batter option than something like Booker. There’s a few places on Stakehill industrial estate.

Argos at Heywood do both Class 2 store runes and 7.5t home delivery. The agency for the class 2 work in called Professional People Group. It’s easy clean work, short shifts. The 7.5t stuff is probably hard work.

Bensons for Beds in huncoat, just down the M66 have home delivery work for £30k. It’s hard graft but I started out there and did 6 months. Loved it and every job since seems well easy :grimacing:

If you can be arsed going to Trafford Park, loads of places have work. Just means wasting half your life on the M60 trying to get in and out of the place.

Congratulations on passing.

M65Chris:
DHL in Bury may well be going as McColls are in serious trouble. They run the Safeway contract which supplies the Morrisons Daily and McColls stores.

You could try Walkers in Rochdale. They’re probably a batter option than something like Booker. There’s a few places on Stakehill industrial estate.

Argos at Heywood do both Class 2 store runes and 7.5t home delivery. The agency for the class 2 work in called Professional People Group. It’s easy clean work, short shifts. The 7.5t stuff is probably hard work.

Bensons for Beds in huncoat, just down the M66 have home delivery work for £30k. It’s hard graft but I started out there and did 6 months. Loved it and every job since seems well easy :grimacing:

If you can be arsed going to Trafford Park, loads of places have work. Just means wasting half your life on the M60 trying to get in and out of the place.

Congratulations on passing.

Thank you mate.

Did apply for the DHL. The Morrisons one in Bury was filled pretty quick (more experienced candidates) which is fair enough as am a new pass.

The 7.5ton for Argos I was knocked back because Argos have a blanket ban on criminal record (drugs offence).

Also applied for Brakes in Wigan and Warrington (am willing to travel if it gets me into a secure job/working for a high street etc). Got an email saying better candidate chosen (not sure for which location though as it didn’t say).

Have also applied for Travis Perkins, Rapier (an agency I believe) and a few others all advertising 28k upwards.

Walkers have filled their class 2 position but seem to advertise every 2 months.

Rang Driver Hire yesterday and I explained am a new pass and got a criminal record, willing to travel and be flexible. Last on phone said shel get back to me after speaking to her boss but doesn’t think the record will be a big problem as my license is clean.

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the other jobs. I think am gonna try it the old fashioned way next week and just walk into all the local places with my CV and see how that goes.

Wouldn’t worry about the conviction I have one for drugs aswell and got a job as class 1.

Newstart90:
Wouldn’t worry about the conviction I have one for drugs aswell and got a job as class 1.

Got offered a job today straight after a driving assessment.

Mentioned I was in HMP Kirkham, he didn’t ask any more questions. Didn’t seem bothered in the slightest (but did put down non driving, ■■■■■■ or violent offence on the application form).

Muddy K:

Newstart90:

Got offered a job today straight after a driving assessment.

Mentioned I was in HMP Kirkham, he didn’t ask any more questions. Didn’t seem bothered in the slightest (but did put down non driving, ■■■■■■ or violent offence on the application form).

nice one and good luck with the new job :smiley: