Any real job websites

Hi all
Can anyone tell me if their are any websites wich have any real jobs advertised, rather than the one’s wich have agencies showing the same jobs over and over. Any pointers will be great…thanks all

try rapido then type in area where you want work,owner drivers site is good,as they need cover for hols or sickness,gumtree is not bad site too.

Thanks Toby have tried rapido and g/tree all agency in my area (kent). What is the owner driver one you said about ? cheers

Has anyone been on the job centre website today and seen an agency putting the same job in about 30 different areas all read the same all £500 pw and it takes up 3 pages on the website and the thing is they are what i call bull s*it jobs just to get you on there books :imp: :imp:

yep on in kent also. Im fed up with sifting thru that crap to find the real jobs

jobsintransport.co.uk/online-jobs.html
may be of use :wink:

im job hunting as well, :blush: :frowning: after getting the sack of an agency for having an extra break due to being tired. :neutral_face: :confused:

I take it you’re Looking at the “jobs in Kent” website, try “Kent jobs” instead, it’s run by the Kent messenger group so it’s basically the jobs advertised in the local paper.

Thanks transitvan got that one .Aint it weired if u put in “lgv driver” it puts care assistants in with driver jobs in the KM

jessicas dad:
im job hunting as well, :blush: :frowning: after getting the sack of an agency for having an extra break due to being tired. :neutral_face: :confused:

sounds like your better off without them mate,if they want you to keep driving when your tired their obviously not bothered about yours or anyone elses health & safety

jessicas dad:

what happened to globby

jrl driver:

jessicas dad:

sounds like your better off without them mate,if they want you to keep driving when your tired their obviously not bothered about yours or anyone elses health & safety

name and shame it was asda.

i’m having the same problem finding a job myself . i cant understand how they get away with not saying what they are . i’ve got an interview tomorrow afternoon and i just know whats going to happen when i get there , it’ll no doubt be an agency … again .

i had no idea finding a job would be so hard having not been out of work for years , i’m getting to towards the end of my tether now and sorely considering packing wagons in altoghther , i think i’ve had enough of the crap . it looks like you have no choice but to go through an agency now and all they do is lie thier ■■■■ off . i think i’ve already mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago that i was offered a job at an interview doing night trunking for a company and was asked if i would start that night , which i agreed too, only to find out it was actualy an agency and i would be dropped at short , or no , notice . he did’nt even have the decency to inform me he was an agency during the interview and i was’nt actualy working for the company i assumed i’d had the interview with . the company in question has been talked about recently on these forum , and believe me he was lucky i did’nt show up at his house and smack him right in the throat … i honestly dont know how they sleep at night , i’ve been stung 3 times by 3 different agencies over the last month or so and it aint happening again .

i’m very tempted to name and shame :imp:

jessicas dad:

jrl driver:

jessicas dad:

Asda probably should be more careful who they use to supply drivers. I remember some public outrage a couple of years ago when a sub contractor was jailed for meeting their deadlines :confused:

Try living in remotest Norfolk then!

My registration with the local branch of a national driver hire company has been pending for nearly a week now. I called about one job and suggested I took my details into the office to register (an hour away) so I could start as soon as they needed someone and got told “Nah, wait until we got something for you…”.

W.

jessicas dad:

jrl driver:

jessicas dad:

who sacked you,asda or the agency supplying asda??what reason did they give you?

jrl driver:

jessicas dad:

jrl driver:

jessicas dad:

who sacked you,asda or the agency supplying asda??what reason did they give you?

asda told the agency i was banned for turning up to work tired.

jessicas dad:

jrl driver:

jessicas dad:

jrl driver:

jessicas dad:

asda told the agency i was banned for turning up to work tired.

should told asda it was toilet stops, i did that with tesco when she asked why i stopped so much lol,