Any punk fans about?

Mate of mine has started new band. His YouTube debut. Give it a watch and a like hey. :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=5wBn2Uk … ata_player

Links not working for me

Punk was zb that just summed up the late 1970’s :unamused:

youtube.com/watch?v=uffZe4HKTh8

v Slade the early 1970’s. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=3KsVoYgP2go

youtube.com/watch?v=Frq_z2cuo4g

happysack:
Links not working for me

Your right bud. Try this.

youtube.com/watch?v=5wBn2Uk … ata_player

Ah Punk.

Many hours in my mispent youth listening to the bands of the day. Pistols, Stranglers, Dead Kennedy’s etc.

I was fortunate enough to see the likes of Chelsea, The Dickies (3 times.) Stiff Little Fingers, and some other big acts of the time that were not punk like, The Jam, The Police, U2 who supported The Police at Gateshead stadium in 1983. Missed out on Elvis Costello at the Newcastle Mayfair, as I took ill the night before the gig, so my best mate went instead.

Would like to see The Stranglers before their drummer Jet Black pops his clogs, (He’s about 72 now.)

Still have nearly all of my 45’s and LP’s, some of which are coloured vinyl and worth a bob or two.

Ken.

Saw the stranglers about 20 years ago at the sands centre in Carlisle. Also saw the damned in Carlisle. Two very mental gigs!

Quinny:
Ah Punk.

Many hours in my mispent youth listening to the bands of the day. Pistols, Stranglers, Dead Kennedy’s etc.

I was fortunate enough to see the likes of Chelsea, The Dickies (3 times.) Stiff Little Fingers, and some other big acts of the time that were not punk like, The Jam, The Police, U2 who supported The Police at Gateshead stadium in 1983. Missed out on Elvis Costello at the Newcastle Mayfair, as I took ill the night before the gig, so my best mate went instead.

Would like to see The Stranglers before their drummer Jet Black pops his clogs, (He’s about 72 now.)

Still have nearly all of my 45’s and LP’s, some of which are coloured vinyl and worth a bob or two.

Ken.

Saw Costello at Glastonbury in I think 1986. Simply brilliant.

Other memorable gigs - the clash , I’ll never forget the crowd going totally mental to white riot.
They were backed by theatre of hate who were pretty good too.
The levellers live is a must see.
Saw the pistols when they reformed & done the Phoenix festival in the 90’s good fun but the edginess was gone.
Stiff little fingers was an awesome gig back in the day too.
Saw the uk subs only last year, Charlie harper is still nuts.
Also saw Eddie tenpole last year. What a total fruit cake he is.

Too many others to mention.

started going to gigs when still at school when punk spat it’s way into the nations living rooms . Haven’t stopped going since , seen just about every punk band there was in the late 70’s / early 80’s . I saw Stiff Little Fingers 13 times back in them days , but not seen them lately , even though they are still touring .

Way back then I used to hang around watching load-in’s , my first proper contact with trucks . Most were Edwin Shirley back in them days , so I’m chuffed to be playing a ( small ) part in the industry now .

oh , and Carryfast … you’re wrong

again :stuck_out_tongue:

It was a sad day in 78 when the school matron confiscated my safety pins.

Saw Clash @ Poole arts centre circa 78.
Best band ever . end of.

Suedehead:
Saw Clash @ Poole arts centre circa 78.
Best band ever . end of.

Wouldn’t argue too much with that. Their music still sounds good today. Way ahead of their time.

ive been into punk since i was about 12-3 (1979-80) Early 80’s is my favourite, Exploited, Discharge, GBH, Test Tube Babies 4skins InfaRiot etc etc

kindle530:
ive been into punk since i was about 12-3 (1979-80) Early 80’s is my favourite, Exploited, Discharge, GBH, Test Tube Babies 4skins InfaRiot etc etc

Must admit to not liking Peter and the test tube babies first time around.
See them at the Furnace about 6 months ago and nearly popped a hip :blush:
Was a Mick Love memorial gig so it was well worth it-Charred Hearts was the support band.

siouxsie and the banshees :smiley:

ROG:
siouxsie and the banshees :smiley:

I still would,Siouxsie that is . . not the banshees :laughing: