Any pics of weardale tippers

hello i worked out of salters gate quarry tow law in the 1990s i delivered sand and stone over the wear valley especially to blue circle cement works at eastgate.

Dont know if these were based at weardale but they are the companies you mentioned transportphotos.com/road/photos

JSc00140-09.jpg
JLC00220-16.jpg
CG00238 (1).jpg
VS02712 (1).jpg

Gurteens were from up that way. I used to use them for a return load of steel punchings up to the north east. Had to be on an eight wheeler because of access problems the other end though iirc I did find them a couple of artic loads occasionally. Good firm imo and the rate they charged was unbelievable! Something like £80 a load.

90CA4F77-19A5-47BB-B4D2-6585748F66EB.jpeg

3217EEE8-E32E-484A-9042-484768B0019B.jpeg

bit of a long shot,i grew up in stanhope,weardale seeing any old photos of the tippers that use to lug out of the local quarrys in the 60s/70s would be magic,as a small boy i stood in awe watching these beasts roaring past as i walked to school,some of companys if i can remember were tilcon,slaters they had a rhino stencilled on the side,redmires ,gw lee,humbles,and i think steetlys creamy coloured wagons,all these were british of course fodens,commers,atkis,seddons,and bedfords.also at this time blue circle cement at eastgate ran a lot of tankers and flats with bagged cement neatly roped and sheeted,alas the works are now levelled and the quarries are silent and overgrown…happy memories ,if anyone has any pics or stories connected with this time it would be great to see or hear any post…thanks to all who do post their pics of bygone trucks on here i could look all day