Any one work for Reynolds

I have got my C training sorted for next month, however I just came across a job advert for Reynolds in my area, they are looking for both 7.5 ton and C drivers, I thought it may be an idea to get in with a company I could progress with when I pass my C test, in the meantime I would get a bit of experience of delivery work on 7.5 ton. They also have a driver development programme,
reynolds-cs.com/work-for-us/ … scheme-dds
I just wondered what they are like to work with.

Having checked the link it reads very well and I would suggest definitely having a look.

It’s not clear how long you’re “locked in” for but it’s reasonable to expect anything up to 24 months if there is no cost for the training.

This is what puts some folks off who prefer to be free agents. But it looks like a good proposition.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Is it reynolds catering supplies in sherburn ?

Think its run by a bloke called Burt. His mate squeals like a pig.

beauselecta:
Is it reynolds catering supplies in sherburn ?

Yes it is, the job I have applied for is a 7.5 ton driver

Peter Smythe:
Having checked the link it reads very well and I would suggest definitely having a look.

It’s not clear how long you’re “locked in” for but it’s reasonable to expect anything up to 24 months if there is no cost for the training.

This is what puts some folks off who prefer to be free agents. But it looks like a good proposition.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Well I sent my CV off, as I am doing my C training with a local trainer next month, ( elmet training ), I thought if I got on driving 7.5 ton I could then progress and gain experience

eagerbeaver:
Think its run by a bloke called Burt. His mate squeals like a pig.

Plenty of pork scratchins then lol

I got offered a job there on class 2 but it wasn’t what i fancied, you load your own wagon then go out and do about 15-20 drops, when you get to your drop you have gotta pick it from the back (all handball) think the money wasnt great either, hope that sheds abit of light on it

For those of you who don’t get my remark-check out ’ Deliverance ’ online.

eagerbeaver:
For those of you who don’t get my remark-check out ’ Deliverance ’ online.

Would that be Sainsbury or Ocado?

Haha-if you’ve seen the film,you know what gets ’ delivered '.

And you sure as hell don’t get THAT from any supermarket.

I’ve watched it twice. Top quality film, as opposed to content!

you’re just not trying anymore are you beaver :slight_smile:

what happened to the updates? we the regular readers are waiting with baited breath :slight_smile:

Erm… there has been stupidity folks. Thought I would wait until Monday,as there will inevitably be more.

You get free training if your not from England …work on an accent

I worked for them in Waltham Cross on class 2, occasionally 7.5t. No loading your own truck there. Was night work so opening up the shops yourself etc. Was ok but I couldn’t get used to the nights. It is hand balling but not very heavy items. Money was ok

Thank you everyone for your input, I probally need to find out about the depot and see they work things,