Any one passed class 2 around 1993/1994?

Hello there,if a driver did his class 2 around 1993/4 would they have a ce with 102 restriction or not? At our work we have 7.5t with 3.5ton trailors so our drivers need either a full c1e or class one,one lad at our place who said he did his class 2 around 1993 and he says hes got a ce with 102,easy enough to check if I saw his licence but he wont fetch it in coz he said work checked it and said yeah u can drive that,bearing in mind that our gaffers thought any one who passed there car test before 1997 cud tow up to 11ton! They had never heard of the 107restriction,what I want to now is there any of u lads that got ur class 2 around that time and did u get the ce with 102,i thought they stopped that in 1990? Cheers in advance!

eddster1979:
Hello there,if a driver did his class 2 around 1993/4 would they have a ce with 102 restriction or not? At our work we have 7.5t with 3.5ton trailors so our drivers need either a full c1e or class one,one lad at our place who said he did his class 2 around 1993 and he says hes got a ce with 102,easy enough to check if I saw his licence but he wont fetch it in coz he said work checked it and said yeah u can drive that,bearing in mind that our gaffers thought any one who passed there car test before 1997 cud tow up to 11ton! They had never heard of the 107restriction,what I want to now is there any of u lads that got ur class 2 around that time and did u get the ce with 102,i thought they stopped that in 1990? Cheers in advance!

Sorry for triple post,flipping smart phones!

If the bloke in question has a cat C then he can drive the 7.5 with a trailer as long as the trailer is not over 750 KG.
((MAM of both towing vehicle and trailer must not be more than 8250 KG.))

If he passed the old class 2, he must surely have a cat C license, not CE.
Anyway, if he has a cat C, he should not be towing a 3.5 ton trailer with the 7.5.

You are correct about the C1+E, thus-
Category C1+E

You can drive C1 category vehicles with a trailer over 750kg, but the trailer - when fully loaded - can’t weigh more than the vehicle.

The combined weight of both can’t exceed 12,000kg.
That is your 7.5’s with the 3.5 ton trailers.

Its all here: gov.uk/driving-licence-categories

Gembo:
If the bloke in question has a cat C then he can drive the 7.5 with a trailer as long as the trailer is not over 750 KG.
((MAM of both towing vehicle and trailer must not be more than 8250 KG.))

If he passed the old class 2, he must surely have a cat C license, not CE.
Anyway, if he has a cat C, he should not be towing a 3.5 ton trailer with the 7.5.

You are correct about the C1+E, thus-
Category C1+E

You can drive C1 category vehicles with a trailer over 750kg, but the trailer - when fully loaded - can’t weigh more than the vehicle.

The combined weight of both can’t exceed 12,000kg.
That is your 7.5’s with the 3.5 ton trailers.

Its all here: gov.uk/driving-licence-categories

If he did the old hgv 2 pre 1990 he would have a ce with the 102 restriction so he would be fine,but he says it was 1994ish when he did his so he shouldnt have the 102,he says he has,wont show his licence to the lads as he says work has checked it and said its fine,but they havent a clue about licences,ah well its his licence sod him