Any one passed class 2 around 1993/1994?

Hello there,if a driver did his class 2 around 1993/4 would they have a ce with 102 restriction or not? At our work we have 7.5t with 3.5ton trailors so our drivers need either a full c1e or class one,one lad at our place who said he did his class 2 around 1993 and he says hes got a ce with 102,easy enough to check if I saw his licence but he wont fetch it in coz he said work checked it and said yeah u can drive that,bearing in mind that our gaffers thought any one who passed there car test before 1997 cud tow up to 11ton! They had never heard of the 107restriction,what I want to now is there any of u lads that got ur class 2 around that time and did u get the ce with 102,i thought they stopped that in 1990? Cheers in advance!

No 102 on my license but I do have 107 restriction and that applies to the C1E category which I got with my car license in 1989 so everyone who passed their car test and automatically got Cat C1 would also have got C1E with the 107 / 8,250kg limit. I passed my Class 2/Cat C in 1993 and CE the following September.

My friend owned a wagon and drag which I used to drive before I got my CE and I had to drive it on L plates. If you didn’t need CE then the Army School of Mechanical Transport where I did my Class 2 wouldn’t have bothered putting Class 2 drivers through a CE test so they could.

The lad with the Cat C license who is towing those trailers with it is breaking the law.

If you passed your driving test before 1997 (I think) you should have C1E on it, enabling you to pull a 3.5t plus trailer.

Conan the Librarian:
If you passed your driving test before 1997 (I think) you should have C1E on it, enabling you to pull a 3.5t plus trailer.

It does and its 7.5t plus trailer but it has a 107 restriction code as well so the gross train weight cannot exceed 8.25t.

Conor:

Conan the Librarian:

It does and its 7.5t plus trailer but it has a 107 restriction code as well so the gross train weight cannot exceed 8.25t.

Cheers for the replys,so before u did ur ce u didnt have the ce 102 restriction by gaining just ur c test?

gov.uk/old-driving-licence-categories

looks to be that only pre-1990 would show code 102, passed my HGV II in '86 and had 102 until I passed CE a few years ago (in a W&D)