Any one interested in a back load from Cologne Germany?

Hi guys,

Is any one interested in doing a back load from Cologne Germany on 15/07/08.

The load will be 2000 partworn tyres to be delivered in the west midlands.

Loading time is approx 4 - 5 hours and starts at 9am. If all goes well then this can be a regular thing say once a month.

Let me know.

Ifty

2000!!!

I load these out of Swiss regularly and can only get 1300 or so on(think the most i have had is 1361), and thats when they lace them rather than stacking them!! The curtains bulge like a nutter too!!!

I was told by the guy that you can fit 2200 tyres in a jumbo trailer. Is that true??

Ifty

ifty:
I was told by the guy that you can fit 2200 tyres in a jumbo trailer. Is that true??

Ifty

By Jumbo trailer i presume you mean a Mega trailer??
I wouldnt kniw for sure, as we only run normal 4m Euroliners, but someone on here may know.

First find someone who runs a mega-trailer that isn’t busy 24/7…

Either that, or consider scaling back the load to fit on regular 4m euroliners, that way you’d get plenty of options. There’s not that many companies that run such big trailers, I see very few of them on europe’s roads.

Make it a smaller load that will fit on a regular trailer, and there will be a few people interested. Depending on what you want to pay of course.

As a rough guide, a full load of car tyres on a 120 cubic metre wagon and drag was 2500. With variations depending on diameter and width and how well they were laced when loaded.
Truck tyres took it down to about 1500, when laced. A lot less if they were only stacked.

Tyres was a regular load for me, when I was with Murfitts, driving a ‘mega-cube’ wagon and drag.

BuzzardBoy:
The curtains bulge like a nutter too!!!

Aye, a fat nutter at that. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s not for me but i know a man who’ll have it.
What’s the rate?
Or do you want a quote?
Is it always to west midlands?
Are there any facilites on site or nearby for the driver?
Can the trailer be dropped while loading?
Is it all out of one bay?