Any one got car breakdown service with their bank?

I was wondering what the drill is if you breakdown in your car and you have a recovery / relay service with your bank account.
Any body used it or know what the procedure is on the side of the road?
Not had to use it yet but you never know. How do you prove that you have the agreement ‘built in’ with your bank account?

I had it with Barclays years ago. Just ring the number on the card they give you, and it’s sorted. Used it twice and never had a problem (and the second time I’d closed my account :sunglasses: )

The Sarge:
I had it with Barclays years ago. Just ring the number on the card they give you, and it’s sorted. Used it twice and never had a problem (and the second time I’d closed my account :sunglasses: )

Hmm, best i look for a card somewhere in all my junk then.
Cheers Sarge :smiley:

If you havent got the card you can still call them out and give them your long card number. Dont panic they wont take any money because they dont ask for the expiry date or security number on the back.

Used it with the rac through barclays when had a flat battery in all the snow two years ago, but managed to bump start it by towing it with a unit and ratchet strap. Just called them back and cancelled the call out

i had it with lloyds tsb, you can ring the number on your bank card with them and theyll put you through…they didnt know it only covered me for 10 miles, had to pay after that, most expensive 4 miles ever!!160 quid!!

shortly after that my mate passed us going the other way with his van and trailer, wasnt happy! :imp:

Cheers fellas. This made me look on the Lloyds website and low an behold it tells ya what to do :blush:
A typical case of RTFM then! :laughing: