Any one done this job

listening to a conversation this morning and lad was saying there were jobs going at THORNE[or were going],£21.00 p.h,nights,fetching chickens in as far as i could tell,no nights out as obviosly need them that day,he reconded you had to help catch chickens :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :frowning: .
so im thinking old GRAMPIAN PLACE[now vion]
so is what hes saying true,has any one done this type of job,chasing chickens round in middle of night, stinking to high heaven,zb all over cab, inside and out id want £21.00 p.h , but is it true. ta

It’s a load of ■■■■■■■■! Their money is chickenfeed… BOOM! BOOM!

i guess i may have to look through 100 replies to find a serious one :wink:

ady1:
…he reconded you had to help catch chickens :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :frowning:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dont take this the wrong way but maybe you or your mate should look up the word “Gullible” :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Thats a good one though!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ady1:
listening to a conversation this morning and lad was saying there were jobs going at THORNE[or were going],£21.00 p.h,nights,fetching chickens in as far as i could tell,no nights out as obviosly need them that day,he reconded you had to help catch chickens :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :frowning: .
so is what hes saying true,has any one done this type of job,chasing chickens round in middle of night, stinking to high heaven,zb all over cab, inside and out id want £21.00 p.h , but is it true. ta

No, it isn’t true.

I know quite a few chicken farmers, I know one or two who have invested £1million+ & I know one or two who have invested a few £thou in their operations .

The ‘economics’ of chicken farming as I know it certainly DO NOT accomodate any kind of haulier earning £21ph.

44 Tonne Ton:
It’s a load of ■■■■■■■■! Their money is chickenfeed… BOOM! BOOM!

You got it it one mate… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bullitt:

ady1:
…he reconded you had to help catch chickens :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :frowning:

Dont take this the wrong way but maybe you or your mate should look up the word “Gullible” :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Your

Your not to far out there bullitt :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ady1:

Sounds like a job as a catcher not a driver…our catchers get £21 PER THOUSAND birds caught,average per shift is 5000 per man…5x£21= £105 per shift but trust me you really earn it,I did 2 loads with a catch team and picked up maybe 800 birds in total and next morning I couldnt get out of bed!!! :blush:

bullitt:

ady1:

Thats a good one though!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

so its safe to cross this one off my list of possible future carrers,didnt fancy the catching chickens to be honest,it used to take me a hour to get the girlfreinds cat in for the night,so a few 1,000 chickens probally wasnt going to happen :frowning: :frowning: ,on to the next job then

washy jnr:

ady1:

Sounds like a job as a catcher not a driver…our catchers get £21 PER THOUSAND birds caught,average per shift is 5000 per man…5x£21= £105 per shift but trust me you really earn it,I did 2 loads with a catch team and picked up maybe 800 birds in total and next morning I couldnt get out of bed!!! :blush:

What you need is one of those big vacuum tank trucks with a 12" pipe on it. Result! :stuck_out_tongue:

Rob K:

washy jnr:

ady1:

What you need is one of those big vacuum tank trucks with a 12" pipe on it. Result! :stuck_out_tongue:

This is what your after…youtube.com/watch?v=ZX8QE5AR7Yk

washy jnr:

Rob K:

washy jnr:

ady1:

Oh dear! Have you read some of the comments?! Animal rights brigade are having a right ol’ froth at that ! :laughing: :laughing:

I still prefer my hoover idea - it would be much more fun. :laughing:

Rob K:

washy jnr:

Rob K:

washy jnr:

ady1:

Oh dear! Have you read some of the comments?! Animal rights brigade are having a right ol’ froth at that ! :laughing: :laughing:

I still prefer my hoover idea - it would be much more fun. :laughing:

To be honest that system is better than hand catching as it doesnt bruise the birds or worst still break their legs :unamused:

Rob K:

washy jnr:

ady1:

field,middle of the night,12 inch pipe in hand,chasing chickens,im sure id get headline news in sun with that lot :open_mouth: :open_mouth: and probally a few years locked up as well, if i hadnt gone of this job rob before,the thought of that lot has put right off it :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: .

Oh dear. SOHF. :unamused:

£21.00is rather a poultry sum for this kind of work, though some might think that its not to be sneezed at.

I believe you need to be a special breed of person to be happy working on poultry transport, IMO there’s more to work than money. I’ve been on the other end of this job, the farm where loriescome in to load the poultry out of the sheds. I never enjoyed our side of the job because it’s busy & stressful maing sure every crate has the right number of chickens in it & I certainly wouldn’t want to be a driver on that work unless it was alast resort.

Poultry is moved mostly in the darker hours because that’s when they’re quiet & the catchers work is easier, the catcher has to carry a certain number in each hand to load the crates properly, it’s not a case of chasing chickens, anyone who tells you this is the case is not doing the job properly. Livestock haulage has to be done by people who have the animals best interests at heart otherwise they’re not right for the job.

I’ve done all sorts of livestock haulage, hauling into & out of markets & from farms into slaughter plants. These jobs can be dirty smelly jobs sometimes but I’ve never found this side of livestock haulage as bad as the poultry lorries struck me as being. Obviously if you fancy trying the poultry job, give it a try but I suggest you keep an alternative job in the pipeline or go & do a shift to see what you think before commiting yourself because of the hourly rate. I wouldn’t do it.

BB

It is a chickin lickin pickin machine :laughing:

Cool!

That machine is well smart.!!

All someone needs to do now is take it to the next level and develop one that works on ■■■■■■, illegals, tree hugging sandal wearing enviromentalists etc, scumbags, druggies !! :smiley: :smiley:

washy jnr:

Or this…
il.youtube.com/watch?v=dMALbjYnNNQ

i did one shift there about 2 / 3 years ago when i was on agency. i’d previously turned work down there because of daft early start times with a long commute ( generally don’t get up before 4 ), anyway the agency ring me up saying there’s a weeks tramping work there, i say yeah but isn’t that job with a daft start times ( proberly take me 1h15 to get there ) - no no, starting at 6 or 7 on monday. gets there on monday to be told get to the farm somewhere in scotland for 3, have 9 off as start loading at midnight, wtf. if i was closer i’d have gone home then! set off, rang the agency when they started to tell them i was off home when i got back, they knew i wasn’t interested in working nights. it was the only real issue i had with the agency. parked up at the farm pretty much couldn’t sleep, maybe got 2 / 3 hours combined. had nothing to do with catching / loading. drove back with a couple of red bull stops / kip stops and went home.

money wise, i think it was £8.50 straight through and normal night out money of £20 ish, that was working through best connections hull office when work was slack.

stevie