Any "nearly a whoops" moments you've had?

I had a “nearly a whoops” moment on Friday :blush:
I coupled the trailer to the unit then checked the lights on it, all the marker lights on one side weren’t working and nor was the other side tail lights, so went into the office and was told some times its the electrical lead on the unit and to swap the leads around from another unit, so I did as I was told too, and nope still not working properly, went back into the office and by this time there was another driver in there who asked what trailer I had and then told me that that one was ZB’d and keeps shorting out and so the office bloke told that I wont be taking that trailer out now and I wont be going out on that run (thank god :laughing: ) and to pick another empty trailer.
Went to couple the unit up to a new trailer, overshot the pin and nearly put the trailer into the back of the cab… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I shot the pin the other week lucky no one was about to see it, that makes it worse, when you do it in front of a yard full of drivers :blush:

DAF95XF:
overshot the pin and nearly put the trailer into the back of the cab… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

been there done that…!!!

dropped trailer forgetting to wind down the legs… luckly it was an an empty… tug driver laughing his head of lifted it for me … :blush:

Accidently switchng it from Auto to manual and not knowing how to change it back, it took me about 2 miles in 4th gear, and pushing every button i could find to fix it :blush: (no git had shown me how to use the manual option orhow to change gear in it) :laughing:

We park our trailers in the yard of a night with a king pin lock and the units in the factory for insurance reasons. Three weeks ago tomorrow I reversed up to the trailer and got out to take the pin lock off, put it in the warehouse where we store them. Back in the unit, reversed under it and shot the pin. 10 minutes later was coupled up!!! Got out safety pin on, airline and electrical leads on and wound the legs up. Released the trailer brake and was walking round the back doing my light checks, all of a sudden the bloody thing started rolling forward. Instinct took over and I sprinted down the side, opened the door and put the handbrake on. God it ■■■■ me up, haven’t done it since. Not the best way to start a week, luckily it was 04:30 and I was the first one in so no one knows.
In hindsight not the best thing to run down the side of a moving vehicle in case the unit starts to turn to the right…remember to put the handbrake on!!!

ahh my whoops moments have been in a daf auto

hate the blooyd things

One time i had to unhitch my trailer to get on a site, road was on a slight gradient and i pulled the pin before i had put the trailer brake on :open_mouth: Trailer rolled back, ripped the air lines out which caused the brakes to come on and stop the trailer before it caused any damage or killed anyone :confused:

Boss wasnt too mad about it, more glad that no one was hurt and that i had learned a valuable lesson, “you’ll never unhitch the trailer again without first putting the parking brake on will you” he said. Lesson learned :blush:

Not a nearly but many years ago now i had 3 teeth knocked out and concussion from a Trl door. You know the thing back up to bay run to the back and open door 1 and swing it out the way while you grab door2. Well as i opened door 2 door 1 was caught by the wind and came back at a rate of knots the stig would have been proud of. Bugger lugs here didnt move fast enough and decided to stop it with the side of his head hence no teeth and a concussion. The moral of this story is always door1 tied back before attempting door2.

ANother one years ago on containers, was backing up to a bay and got out to open the back doors, now on most containers the poxy bit os string to hold the doors open is broken or not there, so unknown to me when I reversed back the door had swung round and was sticking out pointing backwards if you know what I mean, and I couldnt see it. It went straight through the roller shutter door, customer not pleased :blush: From then on always held doors open with a bungee cord

My “Whoops” moment happened yesterday…I became slightly Geographically challenged.

I’m In Yate, and am told “drop your trailer at Morrisonsn then pick up an empty trailer at Strensham northbound”

Now I had my mind elsewhere since i havn’t been to Yate for over a year, and not come in from the direction I was.

So I drops the trailer and off I trot

30 mins later, the phone rings…“where are you going?” (live tracked)
As I was explaining, the penny dropped…Sedgemoor :blush: :blush: (Remember I am supposed to be going to Strensham)

I’m not the first and I won’t be the last