Any Maritime Drivers

Looking at a post on another forum which appears to suggest that when Maritime wanted to fit cameras aimed at the driver, they were challenged and the driver facing cameras were scrapped.

Could any Maritime driver confirm?

They didn’t bother fitting them to the existing fleet but all new motors (17 plate) have them installed in the near side widescreen pillar.

Thanks for that

Ask to see their surveillance policy, this will explain how you can obtain copies of all footage taken of you, weekly or daily. If everyone requests copies, it will soon be scrapped as it wouldn’t be cost effective.

Honestscott76:
Ask to see their surveillance policy, this will explain how you can obtain copies of all footage taken of you, weekly or daily. If everyone requests copies, it will soon be scrapped as it wouldn’t be cost effective.

Yes good point but drivers won’t do that they would just moan about having the cameras to other drivers…
From what I see maritime is one of the worst companies out there for crap like this total bollacks

yorkshire terrier:

Honestscott76:

Yes good point but drivers won’t do that they would just moan about having the cameras to other drivers…
From what I see maritime is one of the worst companies out there for crap like this total bollacks

Well, it’s up to them, I suggest they ‘lube up’ and take what’s coming!

Ask if they have cameras in the traffic office, as you wish to watch them,
Them camera’s in the cab make a good hat stand.

biggriffin:
Ask if they have cameras in the traffic office, as you wish to watch them,
Them camera’s in the cab make a good hat stand.

Nobody in the traffic office is going to wipe out a family with their desk because they were updating their Facebook.

harrawaffa:
Nobody in the traffic office is going to wipe out a family with their desk because they were updating their Facebook.

Absolutely! If you’re doing nothing wrong you have nothing to fear eh? I don’t know why we don’t go the whole hog and DNA sample and microchip the whole populatio, after all if you’ve done nothing wrong…

the maoster:

harrawaffa:

Absolutely! If you’re doing nothing wrong you have nothing to fear eh? I don’t know why we don’t go the whole hog and DNA sample and microchip the whole populatio, after all if you’ve done nothing wrong…

It doesn’t really matter Maoster, the drivers there will do as they are told and put up with it. Like the drivers at other companies who are on peanuts and put up with it.

Wagon drivers are like lambs to the slaughter sadly. I was speaking to a driver for Shipley Transport Services at a drop in Leeds last week. He wanted to know what my hourly rate was, so I told him. (£10 per hour and time + half for any overtime).

He exclaimed " Bloody hell ". I said " I know…it’s w@nk ".

He then told me his rate as a Class 2 driver. £8 per hour and the same for overtime and they take 45 mins off for break :open_mouth: What chance is there when people work for that crap? :neutral_face:

eagerbeaver:

the maoster:

harrawaffa:

It doesn’t really matter Maoster, the drivers there will do as they are told and put up with it. Like the drivers at other companies who are on peanuts and put up with it.

Wagon drivers are like lambs to the slaughter sadly. I was speaking to a driver for Shipley Transport Services at a drop in Leeds last week. He wanted to know what my hourly rate was, so I told him. (£10 per hour and time + half for any overtime).

He exclaimed " Bloody hell ". I said " I know…it’s w@nk ".

He then told me his rate as a Class 2 driver. £8 per hour and the same for overtime and they take 45 mins off for break :open_mouth: What chance is there when people work for that crap? :neutral_face:

Nail hit firmly on head.

the maoster:

Usual reply posted on here in every thread that mentions in cab cameras. I don’t agree with it nor would I work for any company who had a policy of filming their drivers. But I can see why it’s done plenty of numpties who hold a hgv licence couldn’t be trusted with a packet of crisps never mind a lorry.