Any Kent based drivers out there?

Hi guys,had a message sent from an old school friend stating that their driver had been pulled into a check by vosa.Licence checks came back saying that his licence has expired…They need to get the truck back to wilshire (Calne area) They are willing to pay somebody inc travel costs…This truck has to be collected before 4.30 today!!! pm me if anybody can help??

Steve…

Shame it’s not other way round, as I’m only up the road from Calne.

I’m back in to work myself tomorrow and I’m in Bedfordshire…

I’m based in Kent but I’m working tonight, sorry…:frowning:

dar1976:
Shame it’s not other way round, as I’m only up the road from Calne.

Since the vehicle is only going ‘one-way’ isn’t it as broad as it’s long?

After all, isn’t there still a ‘dead’ journey no matter whether the driver lives in Kent or Wiltshire?

I couldn’t get to kent before 1630 though.

Only problem for me is the time factor, to leave here at 16.30, and then drive to calne, leaves me with an overnight stay, and a long journey back tomorrow sorry !

Dar1976…They can drop you over there in one of their company cars if your interested…■■? All you would have to do is drive the truck back to calne…

Steve…

But he lives in Somerset, how can he be there by 16.30 ? by the way is he in the VOSA depot in Gillingham, or the one by the side of the A2 dover bound ?

The last message i had 20 mins ago said that the truck was now out of their compound so the times not so important…This truck is at faversham,so i am assuming it’s been taken into daf

OK, its probably at the VOSA site at the side of the A2, or that vicinity which comes under Faversham, sorry i couldnt be of any more help.

I’ve just passed the info on to a driver agency…could of been a good little earner for somebody…

My guess is it will be parked in one of the lay-bys on the A299 Thanet Way, there’s nearly always a truck or two in them with the VOSA bicycle lock on the drive axle.

Yeah i know, but i couldnt have done it today. Its not far from me, but the company would have to pay transport from Chatham ( where i live ) to Faversham, then the wage £100 and transport back here, so theyre looking at around £250. if theyre stuck i`ll do it tomorrow.

I’ll do it if he wants it taking to Bulgaria, otherwise not interested.

I`ve been waiting for the snide remarks, what have you been doing all this time. :laughing:

truckyboy:
I`ve been waiting for the snide remarks, what have you been doing all this time. :laughing:

Not aimed at you, particularly, just a rather feeble joke … but since you ask, I’ve been going to the same place every single night, week in, week out. I have a very dull job, which suits me fine. :smiley:

So long as it pays the bills, and gives you a life thats ok, we`ve all done jobs thats monotonous ( spelling ) but we stuck at them , remember we work to live and not live to work, the ideal job is doing nothing and getting paid to do it :laughing:

If you have no joy try one of the vehicle deluvery trade plate firms. I know a bloke done this as he bought a vehicle in manchester and is based in london and reconed it wasnt much dearer than sending one of his drivers on the train and driving it back

truckyboy:
So long as it pays the bills, and gives you a life thats ok, we`ve all done jobs thats monotonous ( spelling ) but we stuck at them , remember we work to live and not live to work, the ideal job is doing nothing and getting paid to do it :laughing:

with an hour for lunch :laughing: