Any jobs around Crewe/Stoke?

I’m not earning enough with current job and the bills aren’t getting paid :cry: Does anyone know if there are any firms around Crewe and Stoke that needs drivers (without much experience :frowning: ) I might even go further afield if there would be 3/4 nights out.

It doesn’t look good at the moment around here (and I’m sure most of the country) the only ones that bother to advertise are the evil agencies (I hate them :imp: ) and I won’t give up perm job for them. I got sick of them promising the earth and then getting no work off them and not even bothering to return calls.

Thanks for any help

CW

bugcos from SOT might be able to help you

Wilde1 you have PM

Thanks bugcos, I hope something turns up soon :confused:

As for Irlams, I know what you mean!! I did a day for them and thought no chance! They were truely awful. I couldn’t believe how they spoke and treated the drivers. A disgrace :imp:

where are you at moment Wilde 1,pm me.

Have you tried Gist on Lancaster Fields (M+S distribution)

or Bargain Booze

or even Tesco on Weston Rd

or Nightfright ?

newlook (newcastle) use agency drivers. and some on temp to perm
co-op also use agencgy drivers and some are on temp to perm.

like was posted bargain booze always want drivers, but its at least 12-20 ton of handball.

You could try Bougheys at Wardle, not a bad place from what I’m told. I’m not sure if anyone mentionned Bassetts - don’t know much about them tho. Sainsburys have a place on the A500 too.

Nightfreight Crewe were definately looking for a class 1 driver about a month ago. Theyre always after drivers!

quite a few around but depends what you like doing, i agree about irlams i worked for them for a year and they treat you like crap especially those in bubble those all helpfull planners who dont drive :astonished:

stoke is quite swamped with agy all fighting for scraps, but if you want a easy clean job with decent motors try culina logistics at stafford or market drayton, money is worth it. i tried to return but they dont employ old employees even via agy.

just thought of another 1

try Davis they work out of Primebake at Aston on Whitchurch road

I think their base is Loggerheads but i’m not 100% sure

Davis Haulage, Think thaey are moving from Drayton to Aston.
Culina in Drayton.
Screwfix?

Davis park some units and trailers on the industrial estate on Weston Road now. I think its Gagewells old yard, up from the pie factory. There was about 10 units in there the other day.

you could try Chamberlains, but failing that the huge new place that’s going up next to bargain booze will undoubtedly need load of drivers whenever it opens. Dont know who is going in there but it looks massive.

ANC/Fed Ex are always advertising, I think its mostly afternoon/evening work but i know a lad who used to be on there and he says an easier job you won’t find.

You could try Newsomes, they seem to have quite a few motors and they are based at Wardle, somewhere.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

I must be going about things the wrong way at the moment because I’ve been applying for jobs via the post, companies like Chamberlins, Hanbury Davis in Stafford Etc and I haven’t heard anything from them. I think I need to start getting numbers and calling them direct. I’ve heard Culina is a good place and it would be worth a drive to get there.

I keep looking at the big centre being built on Weston Road and hoping a decent firms buys it soon. I’m not confident though because its being devloped by the same people who have one standing empty alongside the M6 stafford next to Culina. I think that ones been empty for over two years.

I messed up with the Nightfreight application so no going back there. I’ve registered with Pertemps so I could work for GIST but after passing assessment I’ve heard nothing. I’ve called them four times but I get answer phone. I left messages but they never get back to me. FedEx keep telling me they don’t need drivers and their agency haven’t organised an assessment for me.

I get the feeling that to get on with a decent firm you need start on an agency basis so you can prove yourself. But I can’t afford to take the chance. I can’t jack in a perm job to get the usual crap from agencies. :imp:

I got a phone call yesterday inviting me down to Peterbourgh :open_mouth: for an interview. Even more weird the position is for PCV/LGV NVQ Assessor! :open_mouth: I don’t think I’ll get it but I’ve got to try. I’m realistic enough to know I need a class 1 job soon so I can pay the bills.

I’ve heard whispers that Jack Richards in Northwich aren’t too good, does anybody know what they are like?

Thanks all

CW

Richards were advertising a while ago in one of the local crewe papers for running out of Northwich. They were offering £32,000 salary. Cant remember the exact wording but it was something like ‘New DAF XF105, 5-6 days a week, out all week, must be prepared to work hard’. Read to me that you can earn the money but you will be run to the max every week for it. Not seen any more adverts recently though,

Wilde1:
I must be going about things the wrong way at the moment because I’ve been applying for jobs via the post, companies like Chamberlins, Hanbury Davis in Stafford Etc and I haven’t heard anything from them. I think I need to start getting numbers and calling them direct. I’ve heard Culina is a good place and it would be worth a drive to get there

I know this might be trying to “teach my granny to ■■■■ eggs” but dont just rely on a letter.
Most large firms and even some smaller ones have a secretary to filter mail, your letter may not even get as far as the TM.
Much better to call round in person with all your licences etc. and ask to speak to TM, if you’re told he’s busy just offer to leave a photocopy of your licence to be forwarded to him/her. Then in a couple of days ring up and ask if they’ve had chance to look at it.
Keep calling if you think its a decent firm you never know you may call at precisely the same time as someone else has left and BINGO

Bougheys are ok and the money is good (Got a mate who works there on days) money is a lot better on tramping.

Nick Brooks in Wardle are always looking but it is on Skip work!!!

Car Transplants were looking for a car transporter driver a few weeks ago.

What did you do wrong on Nightfreight application that you can’t go back and admit to making a mistake and asking for another form??

Hope you find something soon