Any info on this lot?

Trawling through the web I came across these Brits,all taken in Turkey,and wonder if anyone has any info as to who the owner’s/driver’s are and what’s become of them…

Extended cab F88

Wasn’t there a company from Hull called Brittania?

This looks like it could be an ex-P&O Roadways motor.

Bit of a beast this one,I wonder what the history is behind it?

This looks like it could be an ex-Russell Davies motor.

Surely someone on here will know something about some of these■■?

The Scania with the ex whittle trailer rings a bell but not sure if it is the same company. I spent a couple of days with Jogger John and we met this bloke when his wheels fell off :stuck_out_tongue:

Britannia from Hull was a different company, the boss was called Ian Sellers iirc

Extended cab F88

the extended part of the cab is from an magirus-deutz 232

that yellow erf was nick bulls motor what a beast

The ERF belonged to Nick Bull, Ivecos maybe Roy Bradford.

that brittania f12 used to belong to belmont container transport bromford lane
birmingham

I knew someone would have some info :smiley:

That F88 looks a bit of a beast,I can see the Maggie bit of it now.

davemackie:
…Ivecos maybe Roy Bradford.

A mate of mine did a couple of trips for Roy Bradford in the early 90`s driving an Iveco, im sure it was a blue one though!

I think Dave Hollinghurst from Glossop might have owned the F88 for a while, but he pulled for R&J. He emigrated to the U.S. for while, don’t know where he is now .

hi keith

the 2 ivecos

d493 kmg

and
d234 tds
both where loaded with copper coil from stoke to ankara

e939 fjn the same and i was driving it. where did you get the photo keith ■■

all where owned by the biggest conman/bandit on this earth

john mason from bordesley street in birmingham at the back of digbeth

his son ian was driving the d493 and prob tommy parker ??who was married to a rumo at the time the other.

thanks for the memories. im not sure if trucks where tipped and waiting reload instructions or waiting to clear to go and tip.
ive got tommys phone number i will call him and see if he can shed any light on dates etc

thanks again keith. brian

Brian you have a pm

KW:

Hi Kieth,
on picture 9, the Scania on the left E309 ENK, does it say C.V.H. ( Caerphilly Van Hire ) on the wind deflector… :question: May be Depression Ron knows some thing about it.
I must say that these photos reminded me of the compound at Kapikule, where they used to store loads of British vehicles.
There seemed to be everything from V.W. camper vans to London Transport double decker buses and plenty of trucks, complete with their loads.
Any body else remember the place or hear of any one who had the misfortune to have to park in there. :question:
Regards Steve.

The Scania 113 E309 ENK was little Alfie Jones who drove for CVH for years he used to pull a box trailer on garments for Davies Turner with this truck. He now runs a B&B called Journey’s End in Trethomas south wales. Regards Jamie

A Scot lost in the Valley’s

mushroomman:

KW:

Hi Kieth,
on picture 9, the Scania on the left E309 ENK, does it say C.V.H. ( Caerphilly Van Hire ) on the wind deflector… :question: May be Depression Ron knows some thing about it.
I must say that these photos reminded me of the compound at Kapikule, where they used to store loads of British vehicles.
There seemed to be everything from V.W. camper vans to London Transport double decker buses and plenty of trucks, complete with their loads.
Any body else remember the place or hear of any one who had the misfortune to have to park in there. :question:
Regards Steve.

all the vehicles that were parked in the compound at kapikule were taken by turk customs because duty was not paid on them. the british trucks were where the drivers signed them over to the turks for one reason or another so they could have the vehicle removed from their passports, as when i was over there they used to stamp passport with reg no and trlr and it was removed when you went back out.

mushroomman:

KW:

Hi Kieth,
Regards Steve.

The compound I remember was a couple of klicks down the road towards Edirne.There was a spring at the side of the road just there where i would fill my water bottles.I often used to look at all the vehicles crammed in there and wonder what was the story behind them all.

bestbooties:

mushroomman:

KW:

Edirne.There was a spring at the side of the road just there where i would fill my water bottles.I often used to look at all the vehicles crammed in there and wonder what was the story behind them all.

that compound was for the same reason as the one at kapik, cant pay import duty you lost the vehicle to turk customs

The big cab Volvo belonged at one time to my mate Barry…it was parked in a side street in Peckham for a while…Barry had a couple of fingers missing, and he had an accident in spain about 5 yrs ago and died…
He did a couple of trips with me and he was working with Johnny bradford, a londoner who ended up living in Manchester, afet he worked for roy bradford…anyway barry broke down in rumo, and decide to tow the old girl home, it was a daf 2800 and was using more oil than diesel…we were all parked in the services on the only motorway in rumo, just outside bucharest…so he was taking the prop off…took all the bolts out…but the prop didnt move…so asked for someone to get in the cab…turn the key…and hoped that it would loosen the prop…what he didnt count on was the fact that 1. he was staying under the truck 2.the exhauster didnt work therefore able to hold the button down to stop the engine from starting 3. there was no air in the system any way…and i got the job of getting in the cab…no wonder no one else wanted to do it…anyway i turned the key…the f****** thing started up…everyone was shouting…STOP…STOP…STOP the F****** thing…I CANT…turned the key…nothing…no air…no stop…and when i askled…it turns out that barry was under the truck with the prop rolling around on his neck…oh my god,i ■■■■ myself…wasnt my fault…but i really did ■■■■ myself…what a mess…but eventually, the engine stopped…i went to my truck to wash and change…and throw the dirty jeans in the bin for the rumos..and when i emerged..barry was still on the ground, but away from the truck..there was a nurse (who had been located in the services..(lucky)..wh creamed him up..bandaged him up..and he refused to go to hospital..afraid the needles were contaminated with aids etc, well we all heard of many stories of using the same needles for different patients etc...but we eventualy headed for home..with barry getting a fresh supply of weed` in hungary…yeah really…there was a field of it…just needed picking and drying out…on the heater…all free…but the trip home was a lot easier because we all ended up helping to strip most of the daf down for bits…stripping down the trailer cover (tilt)…and piggy backing it back to the uk on the back of the other motor…but thats another story…