Any good driving school in Coventry for category C driving?

Hello,

I just recently have passed my theory test and now ready to do practical category C and then C+E. Could anyone recommend good driving school in around Coventry or Leamington spa area? Thanks!!!

Nearest one to you I would highly recommend is DATA ACADEMY M1/M69 but there are others to be found in the newbies forum by checking out the sticky called LGV TRAINING TIPS - link in my signature below

Will you need initial driver cpc modules 2 theory and 4 practical or have you already got LGV C1 on your licence?

ROG:
Nearest one to you I would highly recommend is DATA ACADEMY M1/M69 but there are others to be found in the newbies forum by checking out the sticky called LGV TRAINING TIPS - link in my signature below

Thank you,

ROG:
Will you need initial driver cpc modules 2 theory and 4 practical or have you already got LGV C1 on your licence?

If you do need those modules then do theory mod 2 asap at theory test centre and ask about extending the training by one day so you can do mod 4 during your training at the school as this often works out cheaper

VISIT BEFORE PAYING ANYTHING

I just have category B licence, so I will need to get C and then C+E.

syva:
I just have category B licence, so I will need to get C and then C+E.

It seems obvious that you wish to drive LGVs commercially and not just privately so these are all the modules you will need …
Cat C
1a theory @ theory test centre
1b HPT @ theory test centre
2 dcpc theory @ theory test centre
3 practical road drive and reverse @ practical test centre
4 dcpc practical @ practical test centre

Cat CE
3 practical road drive + reverse + un/couple @ practical test centre

Hi, I went with J Coates, Cash’s Lane, Holbrooks, Coventry.

Good lot, fair price (about £1000 including assessment), own vehicles, higher than average pass rate. Got me through first time :slight_smile:

Good luck

Something else to consider.

I think the Multipurpose Test Centre is still at Garrets Green, Birmingham.

You would be probably better looking for a school closer to the test centre so you are driving test routes instead of up and down A45

dar1976:
Something else to consider.

I think the Multipurpose Test Centre is still at Garrets Green, Birmingham.

You would be probably better looking for a school closer to the test centre so you are driving test routes instead of up and down A45

Or a school close to Leicester or Northampton test centres

If doing 2 to 1 then it does not make a lot of difference but if doing 1 to 1 then travelling time along long easy roads needs to be considered