Any GeneralTips for Left Hand Drive?

Hey Guys, tomorrow I have to deliver a left hand drive vehicle down to London from the docks, any general tips as I’ve not driven one on an highway before and it will be early start in the dark lol… :smiley:

make sure you get in the correct side :wink: :laughing:

Fairly obvious but make sure your windows and mirrors are clean, set your forward facing mirror up properly as you’ll use much more and just focus on the near side with road positioning. Good luck it’s not as hard as you probably think it will be.

You will probably find you try to change gear with the wrong hand a few times at the start but I am sure you will very quickly adapt.

Don’t crash. Happy to help

First unit I ever bought was a left ■■■■■■ 141 which I bought in London then drove down to Devon, great fun. Memory tells me the hardest part was keeping a position on the road
drifting too far over and hitting the kerb.So work out immediately where the unit sits on the road and remember it. Changing gear with the right hand ,well not too big a problem
every thing else was just natural.Just remembered I sort of followed the kerb or the nearside white line all the way to Devon and cursed I had been stupid enough to buy a left
■■■■■■.three years later it broke my heart to get rid off it and I begun the same process in reverse as I switched back to right hand drive. Enjoy, doubt you’ll forget it.

Sit in the left seat :laughing:

When I was learning in a LHD they told me to get the white line as if it’s running under your left foot ( or thereabouts) to get road position , I think after 30-60 mins you be right

tobytyke:
. . . I have to deliver a left hand drive vehicle …

. . . any general tips ?

Yes - check the insurance here. [/b]

Stop short of the white lines on roundabouts so you can see !!! Same thing with some left hand give ways !

take a passenger who can cook a then read the newspaper ,go on the internet on the laptop wait for reports on here about .said driver… jobs a good one :smiley: :smiley:

Dieseldoforme:

tobytyke:
. . . I have to deliver a left hand drive vehicle …

. . . any general tips ?

Yes - check the insurance here. [/b]
[/quote]
whats all that about ?

Well there were no big dramas but what a pain in the ■■■ of a day - pitch black A15/A46 at 3-30am isn’t best route to learn lol, then thick fog on the M1 and stinking traffic on the M25 made it hard work in a manual - but vehicle delivered intact.