Any free parking on the M74?

A friend tells me that I need have not bothered paying £20 at Bothwell the other night as close by, there is a service area with free HGV parking, any ideas if he’s right & if so, where it is?

Cheers.

TruckingHell:
A friend tells me that I need have not bothered paying £20 at Bothwell the other night as close by, there is a service area with free HGV parking, any ideas if he’s right & if so, where it is?

Cheers.

you know that bit of tarmac that runs parallel to the inside lane that is seperated by a thick white line :question: :exclamation: well it dont cost anything to park on there for the night :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

only one i can think about is happendon the main building is shut at night so only the garage is open.
and unlike english services there not a parking gestapo about.
failing that rigside industral est free parking 1/2 mile from bothwell nxt jct heading south well sign posted.or further soth come of 74 at crawford plenty of laybys but tv/internet connection doubtful.
an you can get back on 74 after 6 miles.never had a problem parking there.
but now lesmahagows gone laybys might be a bit full.

There is a pararel road for the most of it, you can find a really nice laybys there.

You got the red moss truck stop on that pararell road - leave like for Abbington Services and take first left (if you go from South), you will come back on M74 two junctions down. Or Lockerbie services. Never used any of them, but they say that Lockerbie is pretty good.

You got also a small truckstop at ecclefechan (or whatever it’s spelled).

Drove the pararel road recently from Dumfries exit to Crawford (out of boredom, really), plenty of parking spaces available.

If you need something closer to glasgow, Righead might be your option, as said before.

Or go to the end of M74, take left and then after the bridge left again and you are in another industrial estate.
maps.google.pl/maps?f=q&source=s … 5&t=h&z=15

Short walk over the bridge (not passable by vehicles) and you are in Morrisons supermarket, you can use their toilet and buy some food, or a short walking distance you got Cambuslang main street.