Any free digicard software

The software is about 70 quid and the download device is 130! Might as well get something via the FTA website looking at those prices!!!

Saratoga:
The software is about 70 quid and the download device is 130! Might as well get something via the FTA website looking at those prices!!!

I am now using Globofleet software… very cheap, there are different levels depending on what you want to do. but you do also need a card reader which you can get off ebay for about £15 - £20

globofleet.co.uk/

ebay.co.uk/itm/Omnikey-Cardm … 3334wt_932

tony66:
I know its not free but for a pound a week u cant go wrong its what i have used for the last coupel of years

Tony66 if you had bought the globofleet software you could would have been saving £1 a week after the first year (excl VAT) - globofleet.co.uk/V2/QjJDfFVL … _Plus.html

Agreed that it’'s not much, but enough for a bottle of champers for the missus for Christmas!

:laughing:

I have a smartcard reader connected to my pc and would like to use it to download my digicard and then email the data to my employer in a distant office instead of meeting a member of office staff with a laptop at random times. Does anybody know of any free software, such as easy tac, that i can download to use on my pc ?

I doubt anyone does free software but by the sounds of it, you don’t need it. Just plug the device in to the computer via a usb socket then explore the usb device as you would a hard drive and you will find the files you need on it then just save them to your computer and attach them in an email, voila! (I don’t know if the card reader device needs to be the official version for the moitoring software your boss uses, any old reader and the data may not be signed in a compatable way with your gaffers software, not sure about this, should be ok though). Had early issues with card data downloaded on to an Optac device not being compatable with the siemens archive servers, they have sorted it now though.

Siemens do a plug in for the digi tacho which allows the office to remotely download the tacho and transmit it to the siemens servers for your boss to access from his office: dtco.vdo.com/generator/www/c … ab=4383480

Thanks for your reply Silver Surfer, i will give it a go later on today, but right now i’ve just finished a night shift so i’m not quite in the right frame of mind to play… I will let you know if it works.

No joy, the pc recognises the card reader ok (Omnikey CardMan 3X21), but not as a mass storage device even with the driver card inserted. i did for a while use tachodisc as a service provider, but dont really need to. i only want to retrieve the data and email it. i will keep looking on the net to see if i can find anything.

I know its not free but for a pound a week u cant go wrong its what i have used for the last coupel of years

tachomaster.co.uk/

herees a n other 1
rocksandcomputers.co.uk/tacho_order.html