Any Flight Sim Peeps?

Not sure if we have any flight sim people on here, but if there are any, just a heads up about the flight sim convention at the Helicopter Museum in Weston Super Mare next weekend (19th and 20th May).

Loads of people displaying their sim set ups, and loads of stalls full of goodies to buy for your sim (also a few things for the flight sim widows too!), and always a really good weekend, lots of fun.

The theme for this year is the 30th anniversary of the Falklands, so there is a re-enactment, and all tied in with the Museums at Night thing.

Plus of course the museum is a great place to visit anyway.

Do come and say hello (I will be near the jewellery), would be nice to put a face to some names :slight_smile:

fscweston.co.uk/

Just me then :blush:

FS9, usually “flying” the PMDG 737NG or PSS Concorde.

Pity the sim expo is next weekend, I’m going the opposite way taking a coach to Southport for the weekend.

Probably working too…

Just as well though as despite being able to fly the real thing I never did well with the simulators!

W.

Nice to see another Concorde pilot :slight_smile:, himself got lessons on FS on how to fly it from a real Concorde Flight Engineer!

We are still on FS9, have got FSX but he never got on with it too well, and he flatly refuses to move over to whatever the new one is.

It’s gonna take all day Thursday to dismantle his system, as he is taking it to Weston to demonstrate, along with throttles, autopilot panel and loads of other things that I have no idea how to work. I can just about point the things in the right direction, it’s been that long since I did any that I reckon my IVAO account has been deleted, never mind just deactivated :blush:

Really would be nice to meet some of you, if anyone is visiting :smiley:

Trucker’s Girl:
Nice to see another Concorde pilot :slight_smile:, himself got lessons on FS on how to fly it from a real Concorde Flight Engineer!

We are still on FS9, have got FSX but he never got on with it too well, and he flatly refuses to move over to whatever the new one is.

It’s gonna take all day Thursday to dismantle his system, as he is taking it to Weston to demonstrate, along with throttles, autopilot panel and loads of other things that I have no idea how to work. I can just about point the things in the right direction, it’s been that long since I did any that I reckon my IVAO account has been deleted, never mind just deactivated :blush:

Really would be nice to meet some of you, if anyone is visiting :smiley:

For my 40th last year I went to Brooklands and flew the ex BA simulator under instruction from ex Concorde captains Viv Gunton and John Eames (one of the original 6 BOAC 707 captains trained for Concorde by Brian Trubshaw), that was a pretty awesome day.

I’d love a system like your OH’s, (dismantling it must be a right pain though) once I land a decent full time job I’ll be spalshing out a bit and joining the local gliding club to get my cert back. Your IVAO should be recoverable, my VATSIM has been dormant for a couple of years but I still get regular NOTAMS via e-mail.

Maybe I’ll make next year’s WSM expo, never managed to get to one yet.

A recent screenie of mine on short final to Santa Maria, Azores…

Nice screenie

Himself says to get yourself the Cosh Media Just Flight Concorde, he says it’s better than the PSS one and more in depth etc (all that went over my head at Mach 2 :smiley: )

At the moment he is mainly flying the PMDG747 (that’s what all the gizmos and gadgets are set up for)

Sounds interesting, but you lot seem to be speaking a foreign language :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

knight:
Sounds interesting, but you lot seem to be speaking a foreign language :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

So… head down to WSM next weekend and you can see what it is we are talking about, and even have a go yourself :slight_smile:

More into my military sims like A10 and Blackshark…what do you think of the new MS Flight btw ■■ not feeling it at all in the demo I tried ■■ Quite liked FSX, just needs guns n bombs :smiley: