Any favourite roadworks app?

I’m just wondering if any of you have/use a favourite traffic app. One that can tell you of planned roadworks/closures in advance so you can plan your route ahead of time. Working nights means lots of road closures, so to be able to check & plan your route in advance would be helpful.
RAC have changed theirs and inrix too is quite confusing (although I’ve only had a quick look at that). So yes, I’ll admit, I’d like it to be quite simple & idiot proof haha
It used to be you never knew of a road closure until you got there, but to be able to know in advance would be useful.
Apologies if this has already been covered but I can’t find anything on it

interested in one proper app as well.

not happy with the advance notice screens - twice this week.

One of that said A14 was closed j32 to 31 and it was not, it was access to M11 North closed
The other one said A11 east closed after A14, and it was not

Try the highways app, gives you some info & motorway speeds between junctions.
Waze is pretty good as well, real time traffic jams.

Ooo never heard of waze, will check it out, cheers

Waze as a satnav tends to be spot on but it isn’t a truck one so be aware of that. Will happily send you some weird and wonderful ways to avoid traffic and closures thinking you’re in a car!

The highways England app can be pretty good with roadworks. Open it up, search for road and click current roadworks if you’re then leaving or if you’re looking earlier clicked planned. Still isn’t spot on, few times it’s said there’s multiple roadworks and lane closures happening only for me to scream through an empty and totally untouched motorway.

Yes, just seen Waze is more of a sat nav.
Honestly how hard can it be for some techy wiz kid (counts me out! Haha) to develop a nice simple roadwork/closure app?
Well, very apparently lol

Nightlord:
Yes, just seen Waze is more of a sat nav.
Honestly how hard can it be for some techy wiz kid (counts me out! Haha) to develop a nice simple roadwork/closure app?
Well, very apparently lol

The problem is, where do they get their information from. Highways England are useless and don’t know what they’re doing anyway. Besides, they’re not responsible for non trunk routes, local authorities are. That’s a lot of sources to collate data from.

www.roadworks.org seems to be fairly reliable, plus it show you diversion routes. Again, it’s not set up for trucks.

Rac for the coloured dots highlighting minor delays (yellow) or red (try to avoid).
AA is better equipped for viewing road closures on overnight runs on the roads you’ll be using.
Google maps with the traffic enabled will show live updates on the roads, with yellow being slower than normal, red =busy, red black avoid at all costs. It’ll also show you roads closed, usually reported via the waze app (gives no further details though). (Google own waze)