Any experience with the ADR network?

Hi,
Does anybody on here have dealings with the ADR agency network?
They are the main driver supply for the new co-op depot at Castlewood in Derbyshire.
Thinking of enquiring about the class 1 vacancies there.
Any info would be good.
Thanks.

Last time I checked they had a claus that said you paid for any damage done to vehicles that you did, or that had been reported that you had…

They push for Self Employed and expect you to have Public Liability Cover.

My experience was that they were ok to put me on Tesco with a years Class1 but not on Morrisons (DHL) as they require 2yrs.

I am still waiting for an assessment drive though as they kept getting cancelled.

I worked for ADR dirver network two years ago. What a fool was I. Unpaid driver assessment / induction of around 4 hours and many cancelled assignments; some only being told at the transport desk after a 20 mile drive to work. I complained to Morrisons head office - no joy - they are just after cheap labour and could not give a hoot about morals. I do not shop there nor do my family. Funny how they are the worst performing store amongst the top six. I hope their forthcoming internet shopping introduction fails within months of operation. I won’t be using it. And if Morrisons insisted with ADR that cancelled drivers should be given a token payment of say, £25 for being stood down for their assignment, what I different attitude I would have towards them.

Once more the fool I am, I again registered with them and again I am experiencing last minute cancellations. Last Sunday, yesterday, Monday and today 03/12 Tuesday, all successive cancellations at the last minute. NO compensation whatsoever after having committed to them for the week; even turning down other work with recently registered new agencies. I would say that there is a 44% chance of cancellation with them. So the answer is to register with as many agencies as you can and you phone each of them the day before you are available for work. Would I recommend ADR ? Only to a fool or a new driver who requires driving experience. What would I say to Morrisons? Do with your trucks what you have done with your RDC’s, fill them with Eastern Europeans and good luck with your dwindling profits.

Vincj

vincj:
I do not shop there nor do my family. Funny how they are the worst performing store amongst the top six. I hope their forthcoming internet shopping introduction fails within months of operation. I won’t be using it.

Not sure about that one, thought it was tesco…anyway they are both zb & I hope they carry on going downhill.

I worked for ADR Bellshill, Morrison/Co-op they advised me to go self employed thru Nova, conned & lied to :-/ shifts cancelled only to find that THEY had informed client I was sick & filled the shift with another driver:@ lie thieving toe rags

ivor biggin:
I worked for ADR Bellshill, Morrison/Co-op they advised me to go self employed thru Nova, conned & lied to :-/ shifts cancelled only to find that THEY had informed client I was sick & filled the shift with another driver:@ lie thieving toe rags

the Bellshill office has always been filled with quality individuals like that, worst agency I ever had mispleasure to work for but I don’t think the clowns at morrisons/coop help :open_mouth:

ADR, are a waste of time,steer clear

vincj:
I worked for ADR dirver network two years ago. What a fool was I. Unpaid driver assessment / induction of around 4 hours and many cancelled assignments; some only being told at the transport desk after a 20 mile drive to work. I complained to Morrisons head office - no joy - they are just after cheap labour and could not give a hoot about morals. I do not shop there nor do my family. Funny how they are the worst performing store amongst the top six. I hope their forthcoming internet shopping introduction fails within months of operation. I won’t be using it. And if Morrisons insisted with ADR that cancelled drivers should be given a token payment of say, £25 for being stood down for their assignment, what I different attitude I would have towards them.

You should take your complaint to the agency, and NOT Morrison’s.
As its the agency that’s employing you.
If they cancel you before you get to site, fare enough, nil pay, but once on site, and more so if your stood at the traffic desk, its 8hrs pay minimum take no less, & no excuses.
a few contracts I`ve worked elsewhere, have a scaled hrs vs cancelation time built into the contract <4hrs = 1/4 day, <2hrs = 1/2 day

ivor biggin:

i got sick of them and i know other drivers are too. I did one shift at co op and refused to go back and i did two shifts at morrisons when they were stuck and would take unassessed drivers. Needless to say i didn’t bother with the assessment for ongoing work. Bringing guys up from down south and paying them a lump sum plus shift plus hotel to take our work on contracts that we do every day. Blue arrow is a much better choice. No messing around, always paid correctly and no pressure to do a 6th shift although it is appreciated when you do help out. I have had pressure put on me to go back to ADR but its not going to happen

One other bug bear. See when you work for several agencies and tell them you are available, ADR don’t understand the difference between available and on standby. They whinge when they give you a couple of hours notice for a shift and you already have one elsewhere. Even when you explain that you are available until the first shift is offered by someone and you are not prepared to wait for a call that might never come. They don’t guarantee work so i don’t guarantee availability :imp:

ADR BELLSHILL are the worst of a bad lot,RUN A MILE

scanny77:
One other bug bear. See when you work for several agencies and tell them you are available, ADR don’t understand the difference between available and on standby. They whinge when they give you a couple of hours notice for a shift and you already have one elsewhere. Even when you explain that you are available until the first shift is offered by someone and you are not prepared to wait for a call that might never come. They don’t guarantee work so i don’t guarantee availability :imp:

Thats how I do it …first come first served

zeddman:

scanny77:

Thats how I do it …first come first served

I dont have that problem any more. I binned them to go to the same client on a different contract. Blue Arrow in Livingston is exactly the opposite. Never any pressure to work when you dont want a shift although she will ask politely. She really does respect the value of her drivers though. Its night and day although there is a 3rd agency in there and they are as worthless as many of their drivers. Jark are a waste of time! I went with them for a month last year in Bellshill and they owed me around £300 from 2 weeks pay. They did pay up but I had to threaten them with legal action and this I not uncommon with either of their branches up here. Their HR department was quite shocked at the reputation that they are getting themselves

Martin seems like a nice guy, tom’s good to, but to hell with the craigilla :laughing: Pays the bills

AVOID