Any experience of Pertemps?

Muckaway:
The worst drivers’ mates I worked with on the flour came from Pertemps.

I can echo that sentiment, on the flour the drivers mates where alseep 30 secs after they got in the cab, also wanted to stop several times enroute for toilet breaks, buy a sandwich etc. However their worst offence was begging for freebies (cakes, pies, cuppas) off the customers. Then getting abusive when said delicacies where refused.

I was with pertemps at Leicester and had the same troubles everyone else has mentioned

The industry uses people and when it’s ready throws them out the door…don’t waste money by dreaming of a life on an open road …the job couldn’t be further from the truth.A life of phone calls / dreary back street ind.ests.Unrealistic delivery times.
From the minute you enter the cab you are liable & answerable to a multitude of legal authorities.
Go and stand on any motorway services and take note of what the majority of trucks are on the road…fridges…the Supermarket s are the only ones doing business.

Gone has all the competition…the recession has played right into their hands.

I’ve worked for them all Sainsbury/Asda/Morrisons /Tesco and ended three years ago working for NFT at Crick. You do it their way…or no way at all.

I 've seen life on both sides of the fence …having started as a truck driver back in the early 1980’s to help me study an LL.B Law degree at Preston. Twenty years later though most of the Captain’s of industry knew who I was so it wasn’t in their interests to have me on their premises unless armed with a Court Order for evidence.

The last fifteen years of my life has been devoted to helping those people injured legally or physically by this industry.

The truck industry is nothing more now than a poorly paid servant of those surviving businesses that have weathered the great recession.However…it still has to paint a picture of the great open road life to the young and uninitiated to keep those Supermarket shelves full.

It ( transport industry) tends to shy away from the images of those I represented in numerous courts charged with speeding to over hours offences…often committed in their names.

Twenty years of research has yet to discover one case where a company has actually been found guilty of Aiding and abetting or more recently The Corporate Manslaughter Act .

Believe me once you place your neck in the noose for these people then you really are on your own in court.

You would be safer and better off selling ice cream to the public and make your own mistakes and achievements.

Best agency i worked for.
When i left i got a Month later another Grand wot i paid too much on tax.

Immigrant:

That’s nothing to do with the agency. It’s not relevant. Why say it?

peirre:
on the flour the drivers mates where alseep 30 secs after they got in the cab, also wanted to stop several times enroute for toilet breaks, buy a sandwich etc. However their worst offence was begging for freebies (cakes, pies, cuppas) off the customers. Then getting abusive when said delicacies where refused.

Plus standing there watching you trying to turn a 1t pallet on the tail lift.
Wanting a ■■■ as soon as you arrive at a drop (sulking because I wouldn’t have smoking in my cab).
Expecting me to buy them something if I bought a Costa or whatever (begging puppy eyes).
Making a meal of carrying one or two sacks when I had three (or four if I wanted to really make them appear lazy).
One or two actually had an agency limp aswell.

keebs26uk:
I take it you didn’t like them then ?

The flour mill don’t like one especially; He was the regular mate until it emerged he was an expert at creative writing. They discovered that his timesheets were magnificent works of fiction only bettered by the Bible and Harry Potter.

I’ve said it before but another regular (who was actually a nice good natured guy) had this obsession with his brothers’ bouncy castle hire business. Any subject of conversation got back to bouncy castles somehow. We passed Kenilworth one day, Christ that got him started…

Another thing about Pertemps is that their drivers and drivers mates used to badger me to recommend them to my ex boss for a job. I remember one EE guy say
“I want job. You tell your boss I is good.”
Cheeky ■■■■ had never worked with me so how did I know what he was like?

Trucker2lawyer:
The industry uses people and when it’s ready throws them out the door…don’t waste money by dreaming of a life on an open road …the job couldn’t be further from the truth.A life of phone calls / dreary back street ind.ests.Unrealistic delivery times.
From the minute you enter the cab you are liable & answerable to a multitude of legal authorities.
Go and stand on any motorway services and take note of what the majority of trucks are on the road…fridges…the Supermarket s are the only ones doing business.

I’ve worked for them all Sainsbury/Asda/Morrisons /Tesco and ended three years ago working for NFT at Crick. You do it their way…or no way at all.

I 've seen life on both sides of the fence …having started as a truck driver back in the early 1980’s to help me study an LL.B Law degree at Preston. Twenty years later though most of the Captain’s of industry knew who I was so it wasn’t in their interests to have me on their premises unless armed with a Court Order for evidence.

The last fifteen years of my life has been devoted to helping those people injured legally or physically by this industry.

The truck industry is nothing more now than a poorly paid servant of those surviving businesses that have weathered the great recession.However…it still has to paint a picture of the great open road life to the young and uninitiated to keep those Supermarket shelves full.

It ( transport industry) tends to shy away from the images of those I represented in numerous courts charged with speeding to over hours offences…often committed in their names.

Twenty years of research has yet to discover one case where a company has actually been found guilty of Aiding and abetting or more recently The Corporate Manslaughter Act .

Believe me once you place your neck in the noose for these people then you really are on your own in court.

You would be safer and better off selling ice cream to the public and make your own mistakes and achievements.

Well, thanks for that - shall look forward to Tuesday with unparalleled enthusiasm.

Jeez, Stalin would be telling you to cheer up :smiley:

Trucker2lawyer:

I bet your a bundle of laughs at a party.

SuperMultiBlue:

Immigrant:

That’s nothing to do with the agency. It’s not relevant. Why say it?

Why shall i say any bad if i just have good experiance with them

Trucker2lawyer:

By “helping” I assume you mean trying to get financial compensation.

The ‘compensation culture’ is the real cancer in our society today. It is also the reason for the ludicrous ‘safety’ rules that now pervade every aspect of our lives, which have nothing whatsoever to do with personal safety, and everything to do with the avoidance of litigation. It is the reason why every job that used to be good and enjoyable is now a joyless fight against stupidity. This culture must be resisted.
Now to get back on topic…

I worked for Pertemps (in Somerset) in my first ever job as a class 2 driver. The level of contact and/or support from them was minimal and it was an operation that basically existed to provide drivers for a DHL contract. The pay was pretty low as well. Sometimes there was no work. It started off as full time hours but it seems that, being taken on in August, I soon realised I was only covering absences. Mistakes were common, so that I turned up for duty on several occasions when I wasn’t supposed to be there. Pertemps staff I dealt with on the phone were just young girls from college who didn’t know anything about transport.
They are an employment agency more so than a dedicated driving agency so your experience is going to vary greatly depending on your location and maybe even depending on what contract you are working on.