Any ex Starr Roadways drivers out there from Bilston depot?

Just wanted to catch up with anyone I worked with.

Hi did you drive for Starr and when

Hi Marathon yeah I worked at Starr from 1989 to 1994 started off in the garage as a mechanic and moved on to driving later on. E380RNX was my first roadrunner then i got K210VFK brand new which i think is in some of your photos. I left to work for Highfield Haulage now living in Australia. Looking at some of your photos i think you may have began just after i left maybe. Can throw some names out of the guys i remember if you like… let me know would be nice to hear your stories about em i lost touch being the other side of the world lol.

i worked for starr twice about 8 yrs total left in 98 to work for amec ;starr were dog rough but great to work for

starrman:
i worked for starr twice about 8 yrs total left in 98 to work for amec ;starr were dog rough but great to work for

Whats your name then Starrman? I might have worked with you. Private message me if you need too.

jaiboy112:

starrman:

Whats your name then Starrman? I might have worked with you. Private message me if you need too.

my name steve moody ,got a feeling marathon 1975 could be scott

Star roadways Vulcan rd Bilston have there own page on facebook with lots of pics

starrman:

jaiboy112:

starrman:

my name steve moody ,got a feeling marathon 1975 could be scott

Hi Steve I think you and Marathon must have joined just after I left.I looked at some of his photos and when I was there the E10 with rego F150GEA was proudly being driven by a real scruffy guy…Phil Broome I think his name was lol. Rex Hill was my uncle if you remember him and David Bickley did the oversize loads.

Did Rex Hill drive an F88 for them, think he lived on Stowlawn and later off the Millfields rd ?

Trev_H:
Did Rex Hill drive an F88 for them, think he lived on Stowlawn and later off the Millfields rd ?

No sorry he drove Starrs only E8 and hes lived in Portobello the whole 42 years ive been alive. Huge guy with a massive beard. I do remember there F88s though rusted right through and barely moving and they managed to drag oversized loads around too.