Any Essex Class 1 jobs going?

As i know this forum is a fountain of all knowledge, im looking forward to being flooded with positive replies to this question, As ive mentioned in other posts our company is getting shakier by the minute so i am now looking for a perm position, so if anyone knows of anything going around mid essex area then give me a heads up, Cheers :wink: :wink:

Heard maritime may be looking in tilbury.

halfpint:
Heard maritime may be looking in tilbury.

Yep! Days or Night shifts only! No tramping though! :wink: (I heard this at Railport Tilbury)

Anyone have a contact number as the website wont open up in either Google or chrome!!! :unamused:

Hey Governor!,

Just checked Google for you through Firefox, you are right I can’t open the website! However on Firefox the website description has this underneath:

The web link was for maritimetransport.com/locations/tilbury.cfm

Manager/Supervisor: Lee Ball. Telephone: 01375 842522. Fax: 01375 843477. Address: Maritime House, Fortress Distribution Park, Fort Road, Tilbury, Essex

Hope that helps you out bud.

Best of luck

C

We don’t do tramping on maritime. You’re either a day driver, night driver or day driver available for nights out. It is common to be away all week if on contract, however, these positions are rarer than rocking horse ■■■■ at the mo. You may be lucky but I’ve done a year now and am still waiting for a contract position. Living in Chelmsford, I would try Felixstowe rather than Tilbury IMHO

Thanks for the heads up, will be on the phone Monday morning :wink:

how is it with Maritime-Transport.co.uk

ukhaulier.co.uk/companyprofi … d+(Tilbury

Tesco Enfield will start over shortly

gosling72000:
Hey Governor!,

Just checked Google for you through Firefox, you are right I can’t open the website! However on Firefox the website description has this underneath:

The web link was for maritimetransport.com/locations/tilbury.cfm

Manager/Supervisor: Lee Ball. Telephone: 01375 842522. Fax: 01375 843477. Address: Maritime House, Fortress Distribution Park, Fort Road, Tilbury, Essex

Hope that helps you out bud.

Best of luck

G

maritime-transport.com/Road- … Eo0BaMGUuQ

maritimetransport.co.uk/

steve princess transport had work late december when i called but its 25+.

Saaamon:
steve princess transport had work late december when i called but its 25+.

They are looking for Class 1 drivers now! It’s on their website! :slight_smile:

steve prince transport had work late december when i called but its 25+.

Avoid them like the plague, biggest bandits in Essex, on the VOSA watch list and almost closed down 18 months ago. You need a stetson and six gun to drive for them.

Oopps! Got it wrong! It was 2008! Public enquiry! Maintence and infringement issues! Published by motortransport! :wink:

dessy:
I’m surprised they aren’t shut down! They were “at it” in 2005/6 and nearly lost the O License then! :open_mouth:

can you prove that then, slander / libel can cost you a lot of money :bulb:

My old man always warned me about them too. He used to have to use them as a sub-contractor when he was a TM, but in the end got bored of asking the questions of how they could do such short notice jobs that his planners would ask them to do safely!! Just let them get on with it :open_mouth:

He always said to me if you want to start driving lorries you could with them, but don’t expect to have your job more than 6 months if you wanted to play by the rules :confused:

However some how they keep going though. Always wondered what was going to happen to them after that fatal Witham slip road accident :frowning:

Also is Millbrooke motors taking on or were before Christmas, not sure if they run Artics though■■?

C

Who was your old man TM for? …Milbrookes has only one artic and the rest are rigids moneys not too great on there tho

No,No
With so many Jobloss everywhere we will need to take just anything we get offered.Its just how you deal with Office to stay Legal,what stays in Question.As long as Pay arrives on Time

Hey dogthehunter.

He was for Courtenhams a long while back (yes they’ve disappeared too and Steve Price keeps going…) he left them for an unknown reason to me and went back on the road.

C

Thought that was what you were going to say…i worked for courtenhams in 2008 when they took over N Geen…they went not due to running bent or owt but when i was there it was badly organised by the traffic office…shame because it wasnt such a bad job to be honest :frowning:

dogthehunter:
Thought that was what you were going to say…i worked for courtenhams in 2008 when they took over N Geen…they went not due to running bent or owt but when i was there it was badly organised by the traffic office…shame because it wasnt such a bad job to be honest :frowning:

I didn’t realise Geen got taken over, last I heard he had gone pop and that was that, although I still saw the man himself driving around in one of his old trucks.

My first driving job was with Norman back in 2003 when they were in that large warehouse on Wyncolls Road, Colchester.

Did any of his old drivers stay on when Courtenhams took over?