Any Classical Music lovers?

Been to the opera a few times aswell. Just wondering if any other folk on here have the same interest in music. I also quite like Penguin Cafe Orchestra and Sigur Ros to name but only a few. Surely I can’t be the only one blowing up the truck speakers to some of the 1812 Overture :laughing:

Steven

A long piece of Wagner with the Ride of the Valkyries, even if they did use it on Apocalypse Now or to wake you up on Brittany Ferries :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a big fan of Classical Music - and as it so happens I like a lot of Wagner’s music (despite the fact Hitler loved it as well, because Wagner was so anti-Semitic!).

The older I get (48) the more I seem to appreciate opera too. I’m an even bigger fan of Original Film music - John Williams (Jaws, Star Wars, Saving Private Ryan and many more), Jerry Goldsmith (Rambo, The Omen, Total Recall and many more), and countless other Original Film composers.

I have a daughter who is a part time DJ and thinks my music collection is terrible! I’ve got to admit she’s sold me on Trance and I’m starting to really get into that too!

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Another one here. I often find it a bit hard to listen to in the truck, as the volume changes tend to be much wider than popular music. I have more classical than popular cd’s with me in the truck though. Having said that, I’m mostly listening to Librivox e-book recordings these days.