Any class 1 work in Manchester?

hey,

I recently passed my class 1 at the start of January and was looking for some class 1 work without having to go agency route? I cant do agency due to inconsistent money and I have a family to support.

I am currently in a class 2 job, done that for the past 4 months or so and previous to that I spent 11 years driving coaches.

Anyone know any companies who aren’t put off by new license holders??

I believe 30k is ok to expect on class 1 and at the moment I’m only clearing about £330 p/w, I need to be up to the £450 p/w week mark, I am used to ridiculous hours, 70-80 hour weeks on the coaches is “normal”.

cheers

MancunianAndy:
hey,

I believe 30k is ok to expect on class 1 and at the moment I’m only clearing about £330 p/w, I need to be up to the £450 p/w week mark, I am used to ridiculous hours, 70-80 hour weeks on the coaches is “normal”.

cheers

Might be a little less than that but know David Bratt take on newbies not sure who else down your area he not the best payer but will give you a start on tramping you do get your own lorry

davidbratt.com

Try R Swain and sons in Astley, probably not the best long term. Should train you up and if you can do there work, you will be able to work anywhere.

animal:

MancunianAndy:
hey,

cheers

Might be a little less than that but know David Bratt take on newbies not sure who else down your area he not the best payer but will give you a start on tramping you do get your own lorry

davidbratt.com

any idea how much less??

bebopdeluxe:
Try R Swain and sons in Astley, probably not the best long term. Should train you up and if you can do there work, you will be able to work anywhere.

I’m not sure how to take that lol “not the best long term” ■■ so whats the bad part then ■■

Not the best equipment, mostly flat work. but plenty of hours??.Like i said if you can do there work, you can work anywhere. They will train you!!..

MancunianAndy:

animal:

MancunianAndy:
hey,

cheers

davidbratt.com

any idea how much less??

Sorry no

animal:

MancunianAndy:

animal:

MancunianAndy:
hey,I believe 30k is ok to expect on class 1 and at the moment I’m only clearing about £330 p/w, I need to be up to the £450 p/w week mark, I am used to ridiculous hours, 70-80 hour weeks on the coaches is “normal”.

cheers

davidbratt.com

any idea how much less??

Sorry no

You also need to consider the hours you will have to put in to get 25-30k.
So basically you need to know the rates & bonus, along with a calculator… :smiley:

Try Vitafoam ltd at Soudan Street Middleton,new kit, high sided trailers, and a good bunch of friendly drivers and staff .

toby1234abc:
Try Vitafoam ltd at Soudan Street Middleton,new kit, high sided trailers, and a good bunch of friendly drivers and staff .

I didnt know vita ran there own trucks? the middleton site is about 30 seconds from my house lol, any idea where they have any details about jobs??

cheers

MancunianAndy:

toby1234abc:

I didnt know vita ran there own trucks? the middleton site is about 30 seconds from my house lol, any idea where they have any details about jobs??

cheers

Nothing there as yet but have been told on good authority there are jobs coming up this year as they got some retiree’s looming.
Dont know what the money is like.

Express Parcels, Matthews or Northern Tankers on Greengate not worth a try?
Walkers in Rhodes?

bebopdeluxe:
Not the best equipment, mostly flat work. but plenty of hours??.Like i said if you can do there work, you can work anywhere. They will train you!!..

What’s wrong with flats? I’d give blood to get a chance on flats/beavertails. You can keep RDC’s and shop delivery.

Try AK Worthington’s (now called AK Global logistics) on Trafford Park.

what is it your after ? tramping can be 4 to 5 nights out per week

bratts is a good start money has recently gone up although not sure what to kit is getting better

you will be shifting pallets steels concrete beams not a bad firm to work for

and worthys aint worth a ■■■■ theres a turnstyle on the gate for a reason

Mancunian Andy, if you fancy relocating, Gregory distribution ltd need rigid and artic drivers, experience not essential.
They pay for Adr and Dcpc and other training.
Depot in Shepton Mallet, local or long distance work, night work on Palletline hubs, home every night or away all week .
Apply on Gregorys website .
Or call 01749 333 400 , for an application form .