Any class 1 drivers looking for work in Scottis central belt

Something a bit different but the firm I’m working for (Long Lane Deliveries) is looking for permanent drivers just now, it’s chilled and frozen distribution and not hard pushed in the slightest, hardest part of the job is the paperwork tbh. Rate is £10.60ph but going up to £10.80 in September then £11 in December. Not the greatest but not the worst especially considering 3 days off and you can do 12 hour days easily. Most of your time will be spent either sat on loading bays on the local runs or trunks to Preston or up north to Inverness and Dingwall.
Based in bellshill just of the A725. Standard shift patterns Sunday to Wednesday/Wednesday to Saturday on day shift. There is some tramping which is different shifts, my run is a Tuesday to Friday for example but I get home on a wednesday for a shower and a sleep in my own bed so only 2 nights out which suits me. Overtime always available as well.
Just got a new fleet of Merc euro 6 16 plates and have a couple of daf XF and a Scania top line too so not driving old heaps of crap.

I applied for them about a year and a half ago but the wages were only £8 odd per hour. I was better off being a limper. :laughing:
Is it ACTUALLY £10.6 per hour or is it less but made up due to paid breaks?
Wasn’t their fleet made entirelly of Axors?

The-Snowman:
I applied for them about a year and a half ago but the wages were only £8 odd per hour. I was better off being a limper. :laughing:

Everytime I see one of their artics its usually an Iveco (around 13 plate) so maybe being replaced now. Noticed their rigids are getting much newer/almost new now and I think there all DAF. Maybe changing all to Merc now for the tractor units as the opening poster mentions.

The-Snowman:

Yea was £8.45 with paid breaks but it’s changed days now, £10.60ph. And axors are all going thank F they were horrible haha, there’s a fleet of ivecos at Dundee depot I think but bellshill using mercs and the trampers tend to get XFs. It seems to be going forward and catching up with the industry at long last

The-Snowman:

Bet they had a Reed Bordall moment. When I was at Reed Boardall on agency about 15/16 years ago they finally woke up and realised how behind everyone else they were was why they weren’t getting drivers and had loads of agency in. They had several payrises over a 12 month period, introduced a drivers committee and sorted out the fleet.

OP you sound like you will get a job in the marketing dept.! Was it your idea to get the paper bags into the burgen vans too to promote LLD? [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have fleet of New MP4 Merc’s as they were all lined up last week when I was in delivering for Sawyers.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Another example of driver shortage. It’s only going to get worse. EU drivers will soon find it ‘arduous’ to work in UK. Companies that don’t look after their drivers will find themselves ‘out of business’.

Honestly !

Everyone I’ve ever encountered has bad mouthed LLD, you’re the first person I’ve actually heard saying they are ok. They go through drivers like nobody’s business and until you find the real reason behind that you’ll always have a driver shortage.

Constantly advertising so they are never a good sign.

Conor:

The-Snowman:

Bet they had a Reed Bordall moment. When I was at Reed Boardall on agency about 15/16 years ago they finally woke up and realised how behind everyone else they were was why they weren’t getting drivers and had loads of agency in. They had several payrises over a 12 month period, introduced a drivers committee and sorted out the fleet.

They better have another wake up then Conor, they’re still only on 9 quid odd an hour with trampers on a £1 an hour LESS than that. They’ve pretty much fished the pools dry at Catterick and are currently bleeding drivers quicker than they can replace them.

merc0447:
Everyone I’ve ever encountered has bad mouthed LLD, you’re the first person I’ve actually heard saying they are ok. They go through drivers like nobody’s business and until you find the real reason behind that you’ll always have a driver shortage.

Constantly advertising so they are never a good sign.

Yeah, agree with that, at one of my regular drops, a LLD rigid is ususally in around the same time and we get chatting while getting tipped, nearly allways a different driver or agency driver and not much good to say about them. There is so much work available around that area that if there not happy it’ll be easy enough to try something else I suppose.

Hgv

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nigee83:
Hgv

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

+1. Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Now that’s an introduction! :smiley:

Mostly sat on bays my arse. What about all the self loading and unloading. Turners sends a load in there every day with all the crap they don’t want.