Any car transporter drivers here ...?

If so pros and cons please. Do you get any damage ? Is it stressful with loading them or overhanging trees causing problems ? Is it difficult to learn or hard work on the body ? I know it’s a bugger in the winter rain and dark.

I’ve had help off several of you on another thread and thanks for your valuable input but just want to gather as much information as possible.

Pretty sure this has been asked several times. There was a very informative and useful post by someone (who’s name escapes me) in a thread a while ago.

It is as stressful as you let it be. Same with anything else take your time,be careful and never stop learning.
Always ask someone that knows.

As an ex car transporter driver I can tell you it’s hard work but if you do it right you can earn good money once on the ball, although not as much as we did it the late 80’s. The learning process takes months even years when you consider all the different vehicles and load configurations you’ll encounter.

Crap job when it’s winter and chucking it down and blowing a hooley and you have to load 9, 10, 11 or 12 cars. Injuries can be easy to sustain, cuts to hands, bumps to head etc. Saying that, being much younger than I am now, it was the best job I’ve ever had… a lot of that being down to the company. If I was you I would do a search on here, the question has been asked loads of times and there’s some very informative answers.

mikeshe:
f I was you I would do a search on here, the question has been asked loads of times and there’s some very informative answers.

Thanks for that, I have done a search just thought I’d put it out there again.

Agree with mikeshe, good job,hard work but very satisfying when load is del undamaged. Long learning curve,small living space,Max out hours when needed.
Great to do but hard to achieve all the time.
Try it, I really enjoyed it and miss it a bit now days.

gezt:
Try it,

I’m very tempted but it’s stepping into the unknown I’m unsure of, if only I had a crystal ball.

I’d say a lot depends on age and health. If you’re young and fit without any joint aches or pains then all well and good. If you’re getting on a bit and you have any of those aches and pains don’t even think any further about it as it’s hard graft.

mikeshe:
I’d say a lot depends on age and health. If you’re young and fit without any joint aches or pains then all well and good. If you’re getting on a bit and you have any of those aches and pains don’t even think any further about it as it’s hard graft.

49 but no aches n pains .

Never done it but this is a good read

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67239&p=841293&hilit=car+transporters+buck+rogers#p841293

animal:
Never done it but this is a good read

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67239&p=841293&hilit=car+transporters+buck+rogers#p841293

Cheers Animal a very good read, still can’t make me mind up so will do assessment and interview and then toss a coin I think. :confused: :confused: