Any British Drivers working for German Companies?

Any Brits working for ze Germans ■■

Considering selling up here and moving to Germany maybe, I would need a job obviously :slight_smile:

Wife is a teacher so I don’t see her having a problem finding work, anyone know what German drivers are earning etc ? Would be looking ideally to work within the German borders and not being away from home all the time if that’s possible working for a German based company.

Thanks

Hey mate.

I done a lot of research as I am planning the same. You get a lot of companies who do national runs where you are home every night.

Wages vary from 1300 € to 2500 € depending on location and company. Tho the Germans do also negotiate.

Good person also to speak to as he lives there is britpete.

HTH

Gareth

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Thanks Gareth, appreciate that.

Will look deeper into it then :slight_smile:

Very strict on the drivers regulations lads. Think carefully!

I’ve seen quite a few German wagons in Germany with Union Jacks and the like in the windscreen on the driver’s side. I’ve always assumed they were brits.

bigvern1:
Very strict on the drivers regulations lads. Think carefully!

Thanks for the heads up, will make sure I stick on the right side of their laws if we can make this move possible.

■■■■ their house prices are keen, just been looking at a six bed farm house with a massive barn and land for €78000 !!!

Similar to above but with a granny annexe instead of the barn for €48000, looking like a no brainer at the moment !!

Phantom Mark:
Any Brits working for ze Germans ■■

Loads. Ex army mostly

Phantom Mark:
Considering selling up here and moving to Germany maybe, I would need a job obviously

Sprichst du Deutsch? Wenn nicht, hast du eher schlechte Karten

Phantom Mark:
Would be looking ideally to work within the German borders and not being away from home all the time if that’s possible working for a German based company.

Firms are crying out for decent drivers, allegedly.

Mostly inner German work these days if working for a German company, thanks to Bogdan and chums hijacking most international work in Europe these days :imp: :imp:

you forgot to mention wages which can differ from firm to firm very drastic like
€1600 up to €2700 plus .you mentioned the language well yes and no to that ,some
firms will give brits a go when doing D–GB–D ; BUT for working inside GERMANY
good German is a must and you will have to do offical paperwork direct with their Beamten
and the only language they will speak is GERMAN , a place to rent varies from
€400–to €1000 plus all Depending on the size, also where do you wish to live this
will dictate wages , rent etc , In GERMANY as said before cheap labour and bosses
who wish only to improve there profit at the expense of GOOD QUALITY Drivers
has made life hard,any more questions just post and you will be helped out

I am happy to learn German properly if I move across, as I intend if possible to make it a home, be rude not to learn eh, I’m ex army myself, maybe there is somewhere or someone who likes ex forces for hiring ■■

Looking at the Mosel area at the moment, early days tho so really looking anywhere that can become viable.

Anybody able to name drop those companies who might be looking btw ?

Thanks guys

Listen if you do not have a basic grasp of the language before you go over then forget it
because you will find it hard to get a decent job and will if given a job have problems with paperwork,
talking to the customer, your boss etc , I had a basic grasp of the language and had real crappy
jobs until i got lucky i have taken exams in German and done various courses , ,one of which is
the GERMAN equivalent of city and guilds exam ,so if you wish to come over get learning now
German and just like in GB we have various dialects as well which can be difficult to understand ,
and as for jobs go on the GB job center AND LOOK FOR DRIVING JOBS IN GERMANY it should
show you there as well, if no luck come back and i try to find a site in english for you ,

Thanks Pete :wink:

Nottheger transport near Waidring in the Tyrol valley,a large family firm that does Africa,Scandic countries,all of Europe,food tankers,general haulage,i walked in and got handed an application form.They do Russia too.
The firm is in Austria.

Handy to know thanks, probably a bit further east than I was thinking of settling, tho nothing is defined that tightly at the moment.

Just to echo what has been said about language. I know Schmidt have quite a few jobs at the moment, but if you want the cushy home every night gas tank jobs, you must have near native German written as well as spoken; they will give somebody a go with English and some German on the silos, but it will be away all week, and some weekends.

www.schmidt-heilbronn.de/html/jobs_e.htm

Zetorpilot:
I’ve seen quite a few German wagons in Germany with Union Jacks and the like in the windscreen on the driver’s side. I’ve always assumed they were brits.

I had the Union Jack in an Austrian lorry. Once also on the Bumper.