Any books available on the old middle east runs

I have read in truck magazines interesting stories from drivers in the old days. I know of one driver who is preparing a book as we speak but is there any other ones currently on sale.

The best know is Cola Cowboys, which has long been out of print and second-hand copies fetch silly amounts. Another out of print one is Danger-Heavy Goods, also beginning to attract silly money for second-hand copies. One that is available is Baghdad Trucker, although the title is a little misleading as it deal with the authors whole life, including time spent working in Australia, rather than just the Middle East stuff.

Another good read, although not Middle East related is A Thousand Miles From Nowhere which covers a journey as a passenger in a Seddon Atkinson from the UK to Russia and then tales of riding along on several trips in the US of A.

Another book with tales of days gone by in the trucking world is This Truckin’ Life: The Reminiscences of a Truck Driver which deals only with the UK, but isn’t a bad read.

Coffeeholic:
The best know is Cola Cowboys, which has long been out of print and second-hand copies fetch silly amounts.

Tell me about it Neil

I had the house broken into in January and amongst the items stolen was my mates copy of Cola Cowboys (It was in a rucksack that the theiving git stole)

The insurance company agreed to fund a replacement, so after several abortive attempts on Ebay I finally got a copy for £160!! It was a mint hardback copy though.

Great read, and we’re both glad to see it again.

Wonder why they won’'t reprint it - although it would kill the silly prices.

I agree with you about Bagdad Trucker, I was expecting another Cola Cowboys but the trucking part of the book is only a fraction of the total. Still a good read though.

Calv

Coffeeholic:
The best know is Cola Cowboys, which has long been out of print and second-hand copies fetch silly amounts. Another out of print one is Danger-Heavy Goods, also beginning to attract silly money for second-hand copies. One that is available is

danger heavy goods is the US version of a book called juggernaut - same book basically but DHG has more photos

there’s also Routieres de L’Impossible, a French book with some cracking photos
of the middle east and Nigeria in the early 70s

Try TOPRUN’s site but one book that comes to mind along with the others mentioned here is Bagdad Trucker.

The Biker:
Try TOPRUN’s site but one book that comes to mind along with the others mentioned here is Bagdad Trucker.

Baghdad Trucker was the brief life story up to his time spent on the Middle East run of Kevin Noble.Driving to the Middle East was the hight of Kevin’s adventurous life.
Some of the photos are Kevins own,some are mine, taken,(with my blessing)from the web site of Ferdy de Martin:

www.toprun.ch

and some of Ferdy’s own pics.

bestbooties:

The Biker:

Baghdad Trucker was the brief life story up to his time spent on the Middle East run of Kevin Noble.Driving to the Middle East was the hight of Kevin’s adventurous life.
Some of the photos are Kevins own,some are mine, taken,(with my blessing)from the web site of Ferdy de Martin:

www.toprun.ch

I like the photo in the book of the Atki Borderer being pulled out of the ditch. You wouldn’t know where I could find a larger copy, would you? The wagon is still alive, by the way.

240 Gardner:

bestbooties:

The Biker:

www.toprun.ch

I like the photo in the book of the Atki Borderer being pulled out of the ditch. You wouldn’t know where I could find a larger copy, would you? The wagon is still alive, by the way.

As there is no claim to copyright on that pic,I must assume that it is one of Kevin Noble’s own pictures.You would need to contact the publisher if you wish to use a copy for public display.

bestbooties:

240 Gardner:

bestbooties:

The Biker:

www.toprun.ch

As there is no claim to copyright on that pic,I must assume that it is one of Kevin Noble’s own pictures.You would need to contact the publisher if you wish to use a copy for public display.

Hmm I tried that twice - they didn’t reply