Any bikers on here?

angof1497:
not anymore unfortunately.
had a Honda sp1, then a gsxr 1000 k4, then gsxr 750 k6 which I sold to buy my first taxi about five
years ago.

Get shut of the taxi and get your life back mate… Giant sad face :frowning:

chevmac:
My CBF 600s waiting in the showroom for me to pick it up.
:smiley: :smiley:

Cool beans bud! Bet you’re well excited. :smiley:

Tiger 1050…mid clean

20140603_162550.jpg

commonrail:
Tiger 1050…mid clean

I loves them, if only I could get my pathetically short leg over one! :frowning:

GSXR 1000 gathering dust in the garage, needs to go and be replaced by something old, noisy and unreliable :smiley:

touring mode

turn left at invergarry for the isle of skye

inveraray

tarbet hotel

Retired biker - don’t know if that counts! Arthritis in hands and riding bikes don’t live together happily!

Had all sorts of assorted banger Jap bikes until mid nineties when I had a bike school in addition to LGV. Then, my instructor bike was ST1100. Made my way through 1200 Interstate and 1500 Wings and had one of the first 1800 Wings in the UK (Y reg). Qualified CBT and Direct Access Instructor and RoSPA Gold Instructor. Was in the privileged position to have a new Goldwing 1800 every year until 2003. That was the year I sold the bike school and was also very sick in 2003 with septicaemia and peritonitis leaving me with weak stomach muscles. So the Wing went and I had a new Pan 1300 in 2004. Hated it. Resented the fact it wasn’t a Wing.

2004, coming back from Spain, mentioned to my wife that I was getting tired with longer distance touring. She didn’t argue. Never really enjoyed it but went along to keep me happy. Next week the Pan went and I had a new VFR 800. Cracking bike. Honda dealer mentioned that if I carried on like this I’d end up on a moped in a few years! Had VFR for 2 years and did 3,900 miles.

The Wings did anywhere between 20 and 25,000 in a year. So my habits had clearly changed!

I’ve toured all over UK and Europe. Together with bits of US and Cananda. I consider myself very fortunate to have been able to do it.

I loved my bikes. Rode for 40 years and never got clobbered by another vehicle. But strangely, I don’t miss it one bit.

Sorry about the ramble - I get enthusiastic when bikes are mentioned!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Wavestarved:

angof1497:
not anymore unfortunately.
had a Honda sp1, then a gsxr 1000 k4, then gsxr 750 k6 which I sold to buy my first taxi about five
years ago.

Get shut of the taxi and get your life back mate… Giant sad face :frowning:

lol,passed cat c December, got ce beginning of feb so taxi is on the way out!
don’t know if i’ll get another bike though :frowning:

Wavestarved:

Richienic:
Here’s my baby. 2003 RSV Mille R. She’s had the full Renegade twin exhaust and open airbox conversion with a custom Forza Aprilia racing chip. Sounds absolutely awesome and pulls like a train. I’ve had several bikes over the years, mainly Kawasakis, but the Mille is in a different league. I live up the west coast of Scotland, near Mallaig, and we have some cracking roads with a notable for the lack of speed cameras and scarcity of polis :smiley: This was taken near Lochailort on the Mallaig road.

Hey Richie, that is one of the tastiest Milles I’ve seen, the 03 is the best that they ever made IMO. You on RSVRnet? There are some fantastic roads up Scotlandshire, I’ve sadly never managed to take a bike with me as we only ever go that end for snowboarding, so need gear that just won’t fit on the bike.
Dunno how to post pics so ill leave mine to the imagination.

Thanks mate. She’s tidy right enough. Went all the way to near Northampton to get her. 1000 mile round trip in a Vauxhaul combi van, ■■■■■■■■ it the whole way down in case it didn’t fit. She squeezed in just but I had to strap the back door as it wouldn’t quite close. That was a cold, noisey trip home. The things you do for the right bike. You should get yours up the west coast in the summertime, you’d love it (when the rain stops and the midgies go away) :laughing: Plenty snow up Glencoe just now so I’ll be getting the board out when I get home, in between doing my ADR and CE. Can’t wait. How’s your training going?

Now have a GPZ 500

There was a thread in here about drivers & bikes

viewforum.php?f=15

Peter Smythe:
Retired biker - don’t know if that counts! Arthritis in hands and riding bikes don’t live together happily!

Exactly the same here Pete!! :frowning:

For the record, I was a BSA man.

I had a Starfire (B25SS) at first, followed by a Golden Flash (A10) followed by a Lightning (A65.)

There was also a 250 Honda in there somewhere, but it’s a Jap, so not something I’d shout out about. :wink: :smiley:

Richienic:

Wavestarved:

Richienic:
Here’s my baby. 2003 RSV Mille R. She’s had the full Renegade twin exhaust and open airbox conversion with a custom Forza Aprilia racing chip. Sounds absolutely awesome and pulls like a train. I’ve had several bikes over the years, mainly Kawasakis, but the Mille is in a different league. I live up the west coast of Scotland, near Mallaig, and we have some cracking roads with a notable for the lack of speed cameras and scarcity of polis :smiley: This was taken near Lochailort on the Mallaig road.

Hey Richie, that is one of the tastiest Milles I’ve seen, the 03 is the best that they ever made IMO. You on RSVRnet? There are some fantastic roads up Scotlandshire, I’ve sadly never managed to take a bike with me as we only ever go that end for snowboarding, so need gear that just won’t fit on the bike.
Dunno how to post pics so ill leave mine to the imagination.

Thanks mate. She’s tidy right enough. Went all the way to near Northampton to get her. 1000 mile round trip in a Vauxhaul combi van, ■■■■■■■■ it the whole way down in case it didn’t fit. She squeezed in just but I had to strap the back door as it wouldn’t quite close. That was a cold, noisey trip home. The things you do for the right bike. You should get yours up the west coast in the summertime, you’d love it (when the rain stops and the midgies go away) :laughing: Plenty snow up Glencoe just now so I’ll be getting the board out when I get home, in between doing my ADR and CE. Can’t wait. How’s your training going?

Unfortunately I’m struggling to even start my training, I started a new job last week as a postman (loving it) but don’t really have any leave to take to let me get on with the training, trying to figure out a way of fitting it in cos at the moment it looks like ill be working six days a week. Got to do something though cos I have 1700 quid towards the costs from a grant but have to be started by April to qualify for it, so I’m buggered if I’m letting that go to waste.
That Renegade system on your Mille, looks so totally right, is it 2- 2 or 2 - 1 - 2? How’s it sound?
Mines got a single Titanium Leo Vince which looks nice and sounds great but I do prefer twin cans.

Wavestarved:
Unfortunately I’m struggling to even start my training, I started a new job last week as a postman (loving it) but don’t really have any leave to take to let me get on with the training, trying to figure out a way of fitting it in cos at the moment it looks like ill be working six days a week. Got to do something though cos I have 1700 quid towards the costs from a grant but have to be started by April to qualify for it, so I’m buggered if I’m letting that go to waste.
That Renegade system on your Mille, looks so totally right, is it 2- 2 or 2 - 1 - 2? How’s it sound?
Mines got a single Titanium Leo Vince which looks nice and sounds great but I do prefer twin cans.

2-2. They sound awesome, especially when you remove the MOT baffles :wink: Like an angry bull in a thunderstorm but better. Definitely look better than the original drainpipe.
I hope you manage to sort something for your training. What if you put the grant money down for training then you wouldn’t lose it if you can’t get time off before April? They probably have that buttoned up but maybe worth a try.

hi guys new to the forum just about to start my hgv training been a biker since 18 now 26 had this lady since new,

any one down here in dorset fancies a blast when weather is better (hands dont work in this cold) i’m game !
sorry about banner in pic old site long dead

ninjadave1400:
hi guys new to the forum just about to start my hgv training been a biker since 18 now 26 had this lady since new,

any one down here in dorset fancies a blast when weather is better (hands dont work in this cold) i’m game !
sorry about banner in pic old site long dead

Passed my test in 1980 aged 17 :blush: :blush: was unusual as most of us females were pillion not riders :laughing: :laughing:

Dorset a bit far for me

Richienic:

Wavestarved:

2-2. They sound awesome, especially when you remove the MOT baffles :wink: Like an angry bull in a thunderstorm but better. Definitely look better than the original drainpipe.
I hope you manage to sort something for your training. What if you put the grant money down for training then you wouldn’t lose it if you can’t get time off before April? They probably have that buttoned up but maybe worth a try.

That was exactly what I was thinking of doing, and as long as I’m “enrolled” on the training by April, I don’t think anyone will look into it.
Yay the original can on the Mille is ridiculous,I bought a second hand original for the MOT, when I collected it I couldn’t believe the bleeding weight of it.

I’m a biker - have been since 1996. Owned and ridden all sorts over the years - sports bikes, Harley, tourers etc. Got a fairly average FZ6 at the moment - not massively exciting, but such a lovely bike to ride and nice loud Delkevic cans on the back give it a decent sporty tone :wink:

f4_1_b.jpegXJR 1300

I had an XJR 1300 sp for over six years, my all time favourite bike. Did over 60,000 on it and took it to the south of France twice.

knight2:
I had an XJR 1300 sp for over six years, my all time favourite bike. Did over 60,000 on it and took it to the south of France twice.

I agree, had mine 10 years & love it - My all time favourite too !!