Any agency drivers worked for Eddie Stobart Tesco before?

Hey guys,

I just recently started doing agency work, and have done a few runs with a few other little companies, but for the most part I’m new to the agency scene, it seems everyday presents a new challenge or learning curve, procedures etc.

Anyway, im booked in to work for Eddie Stobart doing the tesco runs, never worked for them before. I have been informed it’s likely double/triple decker work and is all night-shifts.

I’m quite nervous because they are such a reputable company, I don’t want to do a bad job or make anybody elses day harder than it should be, just get the load there safely and quickly.

Has anybody got any advice on the procedures etc? I’m not quite sure how the supermarket double deckers work, I’ve used a maximum 15"6 (walking floor/double deck box trailer) before, but that was as easy as plugging in 2 umbilicles to the bay and pressing a big green button (I used to deliver car parts to Nissan) a “false lorry” would automatically tip both floors for me, I just had to watch it work its magic. The only other type of drops I’ve done is your standard bays, where I just opened the doors, backed up and let the forkies do their thing, and also a little bit of curtainsider work at a brewery.

Is there something I need to know to when tipping a double/triple deck tesco trailer, or do the warehouse staff know what their doing? Im assuming their trailers are already loaded and ready to go at the RDC’s? I have got as far as getting the unit keys, doing my prechecks and getting a little card from them with the location, then I got a call off the missus saying she thinks shes going into labour, so I had to get that shift covered and leave a few weeks ago without even getting my first day in. I recall the location card didn’t even have a postcode on it, it just said “Chesterfield”, so I’m also wondering how does an agency driver find his way to a generic drop off location?

Cheers guys, sorry for sounding like a complete newbie, but the truth is I am, and still find myself learning new things about the job (and even on the road) every day. :astonished:

Piece of ■■■■ mate. Open your doors, plug in your Anderson lead which gives power from your unit to the trailer.
Tip everything on the lower deck, lower the top deals using the controls usually near the back door. Tip everything on the top deck which is now on the bottom. Empty the Swan neck.
If you’re collecting waste from store fill your swan neck, fill your top deck and raise the deck. Fill bottom deck. Close doors and clear off.
Buttons for decks are usually by back door, there’ll be a control button to press and hold and then push whatever other function you want to perform.
As regards finding your way, most supermarket depots hold a master copy of a map detailing how to get there and all the info relating to the store you’re going to. Might be called a Back of House card or similar. Just ask them.
Nothing easier than supermarket work. I do it and it’s ■■■■ easy.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

How did you get on.

It was not at Crick because my two shifts got cancelled night before!!

mick.mh2racing:
Piece of ■■■■ mate. Open your doors, plug in your Anderson lead which gives power from your unit to the trailer.
Tip everything on the lower deck, lower the top deals using the controls usually near the back door. Tip everything on the top deck which is now on the bottom. Empty the Swan neck.
If you’re collecting waste from store fill your swan neck, fill your top deck and raise the deck. Fill bottom deck. Close doors and clear off.
Buttons for decks are usually by back door, there’ll be a control button to press and hold and then push whatever other function you want to perform.
As regards finding your way, most supermarket depots hold a master copy of a map detailing how to get there and all the info relating to the store you’re going to. Might be called a Back of House card or similar. Just ask them.
Nothing easier than supermarket work. I do it and it’s ■■■■ easy.

Thanks for that, I’ll remember that for tommorow night! Although I don’t have an ■■■■■■ clue what a swan neck is haha im sure ill figure it out as I go!

boltonboy:
How did you get on.

It was not at Crick because my two shifts got cancelled night before!!

Haven’t started yet mate, starts tommorow night onwards, and its from Teesport tesco depot in Middlesborough, quite a big depot actually when I went the last time.

As said…easy work…but be careful !

I found that they assume your the dogs ■■■■■■■■ and know everything hence “take a fridge to donny”…means go pick a fridge with rubbish on, return and tell me the trailer number, take said fridge to the place next door to tescos in Doncaster, empty trailer and reload with cages then go to tescos and drop the trailer !

That said I found all the drivers helpful…enjoy !

I’ve run out of Teesport on various agencies…logistics people are where you want to be.

Cheers

The Swan neck is the bit that sits on top of the fifth wheel. You’ll be fine with the application of a bit of common sense, it really ain’t rocket science and when you’ve done it a couple of times you’ll be an expert.

I run out of Tesco DC in Reading. I regularly take the double deckers (never triple) to store deliveries and trunk deckers from other Tesco DCs etc.

It’s a piece of ■■■■ with the trunking which I’m pretty sure that’s all the stobart drivers do at our depot, which involves opening the doors and backing onto a bay. No handball you just drop a trailer on a bay then pick up another and take it back.

easy as anything mate,
your paperwork will have the full address on and it will give you the route to follow and its tesco’s policy for you to follow it as there may be restrictions on the way. it will also show you a layout of the service yard and they way you need to get onto the bay or unloading area.
most stores are back door tips but you’ll get a tail lift thrown in somewhere.
if you have a double decker on there mostly fixed levels now days as the store will have a scissor lift to get you up to the top deck,
empty top deck and reload empty cages, if your on fridges you take cages full of waste.
pretty easy work in my eyes.

Iain1982:
easy as anything mate,
your paperwork will have the full address on and it will give you the route to follow and its tesco’s policy for you to follow it as there may be restrictions on the way. it will also show you a layout of the service yard and they way you need to get onto the bay or unloading area.
most stores are back door tips but you’ll get a tail lift thrown in somewhere.
if you have a double decker on there mostly fixed levels now days as the store will have a scissor lift to get you up to the top deck,
empty top deck and reload empty cages, if your on fridges you take cages full of waste.
pretty easy work in my eyes.

My job in a nut shell.

Triple Deckers?,do they exist?

donbur.co.uk/gb-en/products/ … ailers.php

Evil8Beezle:
New Ratchet Deck Trailers

They are all double deckers,i.e. 2 levels top & bottom,none top middle & bottom aka Barrymore

xichrisxi:

Evil8Beezle:

They are all double deckers,i.e. 2 levels top & bottom,none top middle & bottom aka Barrymore

What about the big banner picture at the top that shows a 3 level configuration?

Evil8Beezle:

xichrisxi:

Evil8Beezle:

What about the big banner picture at the top that shows a 3 level configuration?

That’s just a double decker with an extra shelf. :wink: