Any advice & tips for first night out?

Well my first night out ended up being 2 nights out!!!

Got to the yard at 11am, fuelled up and headed over to Thame to collect my load, got there for 1pm only to be told the load wouldn’t be ready till 3pm at the earliest. 3.15 they start loading only to find that some of the load is too tall for the truck, so it has to come off the pallets and be handballed on (the load happened to be water purifying tanks and everything else that goes with them)

Finally loaded and on the road by 4pm, head up the M40, M42, M5 and get to the M6 and join the queue. Eventually the traffic started to move again and was soon heading north.

The truck I had has a 60mph limiter on it and I couldn’t believe that i was still being overtaken.

Pulled into Lesmahagow services at 11.30pm (sorry if you were parked up there and was asleep)
Luckily there was one space left. parked up, paid, & went to sleep.

Got up at 8am as my first drop in Glasgow wasn’t until 10.30am. Had brekkie which was rather tasty.

Trundled into glasgow to my first drop - stobhill hospital - nice muddy building site. got the first drop unloaded, then headed to Victoria hospital. go there only to be told they weren’t accepting deliveries as it was too windly to use the cranes, after explaining to them that I only needed a fork lift truck they finally let me in to unload.
Left the site, phoned the boss only to be told to wait in glasgow as there is a backload going to Heathrow, sat waiting for 3 hours only to be then told that the load had already been taken by another driver and to start heading south.

Parked up at Charnock Richard as I had to collect a load from Skelmsadale on friday morning.
Got into skelmsadale for 8am only to be told the load was still being prepared, started loading what was already ready ( steel on pallets each weighing over a tonne) and finally left there at 10am to be in worcester for 1pm.
Got to worcestor at 12.45, got unloaded, and finally started heading back home.

Finally got back to the yard at 6.30pm as some inconsiderate persons decided to have a crash on the A1.

So that was my first 2 nights out…

Sorry if I’ve gone on a bit.
And next time I’ll take some photo’s.

Anyway thanks again for all your advice

Jo.x