Any advice pls on best LGV training provider Merseyside area

Hi,

I am seriously considering a change of career path to train (and at some point hopefully pass, fingers crossed) to drive LGVs hopefully C+E Class Arctic for a living.

My family come into a bit of money (not rich by any stretch of the imagination) but I have enough to fund it and I want to give it a shot. I am 32 (so I dont believe I am to old yet) stuck in an office on 16k. I just want a change and hopefully the opportunity to realistically earn more than that.

Ive started revising for theory but Im right at the beginning dont have medical done yet to get provisional etc but I want to do the medical in the same school I learn to drive and do assesment drive etc. I live in Birkenhead (Merseyside) I have searched a bit and there are a few schools in the area - I dont want to pick the closest school to me because it is the closest - within reasonable distance I want to choose the one that is going to do the best job of training me and give me the best chance of getting work.

Ones Ive found -

AJM Transport Training
hgvcourses.co.uk/index.html

Chevron Training
chevrontraining.co.uk/

P&G Driver Training
pandgdrivertraining.co.uk/

A1 HGV North West
nwhgv.co.uk/

TRUK Training Warrington
trukwarrington.com/

Mantra Learning
mantralearning.co.uk/

North Country HGV Training
northcountyhgvdrivingschool.co.uk/

Stockport H G V Training Centre
stockporthgv.co.uk/hgvhome.htm

Wigan LGV Training
wiganlgv-pcvtrainingcentre.co.uk/

There is choice above, I have no idea. Also prob ones Ive missed off as well. Is there any Merseyside truckers that can offer any advice within say 50 mile radius of Birkenhead inc ones above and ones I miseed of, which that are the best? Ones to avoid?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil.

Hi Phil and welcome.

You certyainly have done some research!!.

There is a list of training co’s on here if you look through Roj’s reccomended schools.

Also Google my user name and visit the 1st site (natural listings) enter your postcode and see who is in your area.

Good luck

hgvlgvtraining

To save you trawling through the site

TIPS & RECOMENDATIONS

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the
Recommended LGV training schools that have
been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking
HERE
The link includes
THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.

Official DSA videos of modules 1, 2, 3 & 4

JOB HUNTINGÂ :question:Â - A read of
THIS POST may be useful - also
CV & Interview tips

First year experience as a newbie after passing CE (with pics)

Forum with some useful stuff and
Forum for questions on drivers hours

That should keep you going for a bit

i passed my class c two years ago with truk warrington the guys down there are great. give them a go i live in liverpool area so not far from u to travel i did my test out of kirkby. good luck

paul davies:
i passed my class c two years ago with truk warrington the guys down there are great. give them a go i live in liverpool area so not far from u to travel i did my test out of kirkby. good luck

I had no end of trouble with Truk Training in Warrington. Several different instructors, hours cut at short notice, boss less than truthfull etc.

Warren T. Claim:

paul davies:

I had no end of trouble with Truk Training in Warrington. Several different instructors, hours cut at short notice, boss less than truthfull etc.

Truk Warrington are only that by name now - they carry out all driver training from their Bolton office - it is mentioned on their website

I recommend Chevron Training but then again I would :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck wherever you decide to go

chevmac:

Warren T. Claim:

paul davies:

Truk Warrington are only that by name now - they carry out all driver training from their Bolton office - it is mentioned on their website

I recommend Chevron Training but then again I would :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck wherever you decide to go

How much is your C+E course?

Hi mate, i’m with North County HGV at the moment, i’ve got my test tomorrow.
The instructor is great.
He will sort out your medical, theory test and initial CPC for you all included in the price.
He’s based in Wigan though, give them a go if you’re prepared to travel.
I live in Runcorn, it’s about 40 mins in the car, or just under an hour on the train.

I recently passed my C+E with Emerald Training in Deeside. Decent enough instructor, no BS & did a “cash” price. One to one training. Wagon’s aren’t the newest but they’re more than adequate.