Any advice for pre training preparations?

Just wondering if there are any things I should be getting used to doing while driving my car/van prior to my training and cat c test in April? I’m already trying to use my wing mirrors more than I used to and have covered the interior rear view mirror, and using pull push method for steering. Im sure most of us have either become a little complacent in our driving or got into bad habits, so If anyone has any further tips for preparing to start my training I’d love to hear them. :smiley:
Cheers guys

Don’t worry too much about “push pull”. Though it’s not best practice to cross hands, it’s not marked on test provided there’s no loss of control.

I suggest you do a commentary drive. This will make you more aware of what’s happening all around you. Established advanced driver practice.

Mirrors before any change of speed, direction and before any signal. Proper shoulder check when moving from stationary.

That’ll be a good start.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

An even better start would be to set your van alight and toast marshmallows on it.

When you start driving trucks (especially fully laden 44 tonners),you will realise what I mean.

Wavestarved:
Just wondering if there are any things I should be getting used to doing while driving my car/van prior to my training and cat c test in April? I’m already trying to use my wing mirrors more than I used to and have covered the interior rear view mirror, and using pull push method for steering. Im sure most of us have either become a little complacent in our driving or got into bad habits, so If anyone has any further tips for preparing to start my training I’d love to hear them. :smiley:
Cheers guys

Same for me fella, got my training and test in April. Mirrors mirrors and more mirrors and then more mirrors :smiley: had some funny looks but I’ve also been taking the same sort of lines in my van as I was shown on assessment drive. Also Looking more aproaching green traffic lights and anticipating them changing.
Good luck
Dan

EagerBeaver, leave my van alone, I loves my van I do!
Cheers for the tips and advice.

Any advice for pre training preparations?

Yes there are - check out the link in my signature

Wow Rog, feel daft for asking now. That’s awesome stuff thanks! :smiley:

Lane discipline and obsessive use of the mirrors. Always look over your shoulder and check your blind spot.

Oh and ■■■■■■■■ to your van. lol.

eagerbeaver:
Lane discipline and obsessive use of the mirrors. Always look over your shoulder and check your blind spot.

Oh and ■■■■■■■■ to your van. lol.

Sssshhhhhhh she’ll hear you. The last person she heard dissin’ her had their bollox ran over. :smiling_imp: