Antibes

Can anyone recommend parking for the weekend around Antibes southern France

Oh yes, I’m in Sarf London so I’m going to help you out in the south of France ya jammy git! Find your own ■■■■■■ parking! :grimacing:

Fair enough LOL

Go on, rub it in, how is the weather down there?

Just past folkstone and it’s sunny

I imagine that will be a nice journey in front of you when you get over the water. I’m not jealous, not in the slightest. No, really, I’m not! Grrr… :grimacing:

Got your camera?

Got chamery and valence thurs am, beziers and Montpellier fri am, run to Antibes weekend off tip mon am Antibes, le cannet, Toulon and hopefully marseille if not tues am and them god knows where for a back load, office said Paris or even northern Spain!

Got camera on my iPhone, don’t bother carrying proper one anymore.

try looking through this link —truck-stops France
or this one

relias stops
JUST CLICK ON THE LIST OF STATIONS OPEN 24–7 and put the area
code in lots were shown and one for ANTIBES A esso TANK STOP;
hope these may be a help mate have a great trip and a few pictures would be nice
of the lovely scenery from the beach as well, :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Dont know if it is still possible but years ago, if I was weekended down that way I used to park in a little town called Cavalaire.Not to be confused with Cavalaire-sur-Mer, it was between Le Lavandou and St Tropez, it had a small National type road that ran along the front of the town next to the beach.

There was a parking area opposite the beach and a few bars etc around, all with in easy walking distance.
Lovely in the summer, not to sure about this time of the year though.

Wasnt the above film with Sir Micheal Caine and Steve Martin filmed in thet area,they were con men,selecting rich widows to steal their money,but got their come uppance from a rival young lady con artist. :laughing:

bullitt:
Dont know if it is still possible but years ago, if I was weekended down that way I used to park in a little town called Cavalaire.Not to be confused with Cavalaire-sur-Mer, it was between Le Lavandou and St Tropez, it had a small National type road that ran along the front of the town next to the beach.

There was a parking area opposite the beach and a few bars etc around, all with in easy walking distance.
Lovely in the summer, not to sure about this time of the year though.

there is a (small) truck park at Pte Grimaud, that is about an 1 1/2 hours drive from Antibes but when I have found myself around that area I always used to park at Villeneuve-Loubet on the D6007 across the road from the rail station, no facilities apart from a 24 hour McDonald’s for ablutions, but in the summer there is a swimming pool with showers, obviously a train to Nice or Antibes, plus you are only 100 yards from the beach, loads of beach bars as well, but I doubt if many would be open this time of year.

How ya getting on down there Russ?

Cheers lads will have a look at the links, it’s lovely and sunny and quite warm, I’ve made it as far as montpellier heading to beziers for a 0600 tip. Using free wifi in services as I’m too tight to pay for it. The road down from Grenoble has some country side views the further south you get. I’ve been cooking in the cab nice fry ups and had chicken stirfry last night after watching mr switchlogic I thought I’d give it a go,