Anti-truck UK.Drivers needed to write to paper

“Wiltshire Times” have been running anti truck slants to the UK haulage industry.Reporter Victoria Ashford would like to run a story to defend the one sided view that the UK has of drivers and operators.Wiltshire area is prefered.Please email your comments to
vashford@wiltshire.newsquest.co.uk

wonder if thats got anything to do with the email i sent her? :laughing:

I was going to write a piece in our defence then I thought ,let the asses braaaaaaae It would be a waste of time

Why bother everyone hates us so stuff em.Just change the wheels and drive the thing on the railway then we’ll all be heros of the great peoples republic and don’t forget the big red star on the front and long live Stalin even if he died years ago.

every truck driver in the uk should take 2 weeks holiday at the same time…see the anti truck brigade bleat then??
maybe joe public would appreciate us a bit more?

Sounds like a plan !

How about Christmas. :smiley:

Remember the French and Spanish lorry drivers strikes.Empty shelves at the supermarkets,panic fuel buying.Anyone trying to get through the blockade would have the windscreen smashed by pickets.It is only rich folks in the Uk that moan about trucks,maybe they are only concerned about the lowering of their house prices,nimby brigade hate trucks.A retired milatary gent threatened to call the police,as he said i was attracting kids to his big house,and burglars,kids pulled the ivy from his wall,he blamed me,said park 7 miles away and walk home.I had an austrian plated truck with Lindners transport,now bust.

toby1234abc:
“Wiltshire Times” have been running anti truck slants to the UK haulage industry.Reporter Victoria Ashford would like to run a story to defend the one sided view that the UK has of drivers and operators.Wiltshire area is prefered.Please email your comments to
vashford@wiltshire.newsquest.co.uk

If that’s the same bimbo that appealed on here before on the Melksham, ■■■■■■■ in the park story, your wasting your time. The newspaper report she compiled was rubbish. She writes worse than a 2nd year school kid and probably is. Doing some work experience project.
She knows about this site. If she wants any info, she should get on here and ask for it herself.

I don’t think it does any harm to argue your corner once in a while. I remember having to contend with a lot of anti-lorry feeling in my area in the 90’s.
A fellow truck operator and myself, attended several parish council meetings, to argue against the complaints being made. As a result, we managed to create a level of understanding with local councillors that hadn’t existed before.

Usually organized by " NIMBY’s" or ex -steam loco drivers, who still think that trains can move evrything. You will never win an anti-lorry argument, but you can earn some respect in the process. When Steve Norris was the fugurehead of the RHA, he coined the phrase ( or someone did who had read a Colins’ dictionary) " LORRIES BRING LIFE " And that’s exactly right. You might hate trucks, but as sure as hell, :confused: :confused: you can’t live without 'em !

It doesn’t hurt to make the point occasionally. So many people tell truckers that they are second-class citizens, that they start believing it.
And in my book, I’m every bit as good as the next man, thank you. :confused: