Anti truck Nimbies at it again

The Frome Standard reports a lady not happy with lorries going past her house to deliver to a farm that is buiding a solar panel operation.
Her son used to park his truck where she lives.
The solar panel field belongs to a councilor who has leased his land to the energy firm.
The lady says if a lorry hits her house, it will explode as she has gas central heating and says 15 lorries a day go past.
The farm where the trucks are delivering to,have had large vehicles down the lane for many years.
So what is her problem.To keep her quiet they have erected a wooden fence to protect the house and employed a banksman to guide trucks in.
In the planning process and stages,they did not have to do this.
Why does she object now,and not get her point across at the initial Council planning meetings.

If its a public road, the vehicle is legally entitled to be on it, she has no reason to complain, it may be a nuisance, but thats her look out. She is probably one of those who move to the countryside, then complains about cows mooing, chickens squawking, and pigs grunting :laughing:

I always thought pigs oinked :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

Mikey D:

Youtube search “Deliverance …” Pigs squeal too allegedly. :laughing:

Same with the old lady in the “Life and death on the A9” documentary on during the week. She said something along the lines of “If the plans proceed I won’t be able to use my back garden anymore!!!” Oh Nooooooo!!! :smiling_imp:

Mikey D:

na they Sizzzzzzzzzzzzzzel in the frying pan :wink:

You will always get people complaining,i have delivered to many solar farms as a lot of the panels come in from germany and the company i pull trailors for have a contract with them we are always told what way to go in and out and at what time often they have up to ten loads a day at hourly intervals it is my experance that these farms bend over backwards to try and keep every body happy

nick2008:

Mikey D:

na they Sizzzzzzzzzzzzzzel in the frying pan :wink:

i thought pigs went: neee narrr neee narrr neee narrr.

It is the same for 4x4 green laners, the lanes are perfectly legal though mostly unsurfaced and you need an adequate vehicle to negotiate them but they are legal and subject to all the rules of the law for tarmac’d/ surfaced roads but because some one has bought a house next to one of these lanes knowing it was a right of way with vehicular access they then want the rules changed, we had the NERC in the 4x4 community and now NERC “2” is upon us.
I digressed but this is a parallel to Wagons in rural and urban areas.

A 4x4 off road/ greenlaner is a hobby but supports a large industry and has its arguments which are relevant, but a Wagon supports a country, I just do not get the thinking of making longer diversions/closing roads and basically making life more expensive and extensive to deliver the countries goods and infrastructure, who pays? Drivers and consumers and supporting staff, red tape is killing us and the country…also nimby’s who have influence :imp:

She should be counting her blessings. If they built a huge housing development she would have to put up with a lot more traffic.As it is,once the site is up and running, it’s virtually maintenance free - ugly,mind.

In the same paper,a councilor in Norton Saint Philips near Bath wants a truck ban.
In his opinion a driver that ignores their 7.5ton weight limit is a rougue and will be reported to the Police.
They want to copy Lorry Watch in Bradford on Avon.
How does the lady moaning about 15 lorries a day know how many are going in.?
Does she count them?Must like lorries or be a spotter.

toby1234abc:
The Frome Standard reports a lady not happy with lorries going past her house to deliver to a farm that is buiding a solar panel operation.
Her son used to park his truck where she lives.
The solar panel field belongs to a councilor who has leased his land to the energy firm.
The lady says if a lorry hits her house, it will explode as she has gas central heating and says 15 lorries a day go past.
The farm where the trucks are delivering to,have had large vehicles down the lane for many years.
So what is her problem.To keep her quiet they have erected a wooden fence to protect the house and employed a banksman to guide trucks in.
In the planning process and stages,they did not have to do this.
Why does she object now,and not get her point across at the initial Council planning meetings.

She has a valid argument, the local councillor is obviously making a pretty packet out of leasing his field to the energy company and has probably also failed in his duty to represent the interests of those who live in the local area by objecting to the plan - he has put his own financial interest first.

By kicking up a fuss at least she has had the satisfaction of knowing that she has hurt him where it hurts most – in his wallet.

The strange thing that caught my eye in her report was that her son would park his lorry by her house.
The farm where the panels are being delivered to,has had truck deliveries there for many years to provide bulk pig food to the farm.