Anti truck brigade

Thought of the day.Here is one for the Nimbies.Do they not realise that they have made a truck journey themselves as everytbing they own or buy has been transported by a lorry.
From the granules in their toothpaste to their washing powder.
The fuel in their plane to go on holiday.
Chemicals in manufacturing.
Money and bullion,machinery to build roads.
The list goes on.Why buy a house near a road ,then start anti lorry campaigns when the traffic levels rise ?
Why do they stop wind turbines when they never see the view where the turbines will go ?Same for solar panel farms.
Buy a house near an airport,then prevent it’s expansion and job prospects.
House in the country,stop the church bells,vows mooing,harvest machinery waking them up,farm smells and peacocks vocals.

House in the country,stop the church bells,vows mooing,harvest machinery waking them up,farm smells and peacocks vocals.
[/quote]
That’s a line from “All Kinds of Everything” by Dana isn’t it?

buy a house by a pub and moan when the draymen clunks the barrels down the lane.

Them pesky vows! :laughing:

It’s a bit like getting behind the wheel of a big truck and complaining about horses and cyclists getting in the way and holding you up, but who have been happily using the carriageways long before any LGV :wink:

If you had a poll asking if police could use tasers on truckers that block the middle lane on motorways for miles on end, do you think the vote would be more than 50% or less than 50%?

Oh for the glory days of the Yorkie ads, when every woman in the UK wanted to be bedded by a truck driver. Now all they want is for DVSA to beat us with clipboards… :neutral_face:

Think of them, where’s your compassion? It gives posho nit picking retired baby boomers something to do. Playing bridge is so last decade. It’s lorry watch now :smiley:

take all trucks off the roads only allow transits but driver must hold C + E and DCPC

Anyone remember the sticker campaign run many years ago by (I think) the RHA?

‘If you’ve got one, it came on a lorry’

Steve

you could explain until you are blue in the face,but these nimbies will never change,they will allways say HGVs are the anti Christ,when it comes to HGVs they are in my opinion very stupid people

Lorry watchers;Sad coffin dodgers that think they are the Police in their hiviz jackets and clip boards.
Standing on a bridge all day for no pay recording killer monster nasty juggernaut number plates down.
Should be spending their kids inheritance on round the world cruises.

chester:
It’s a bit like getting behind the wheel of a big truck and complaining about horses and cyclists getting in the way and holding you up, but who have been happily using the carriageways long before any LGV :wink:

Oh hello. All tour de Franced out are we? Decided to make an appearance to spread your own particular brand of bile did you?

the maoster:

chester:

Oh hello. All tour de Franced out are we? Decided to make an appearance to spread your own particular brand of bile did you?

Yep, my yellow jersey is in the wash this week.

Fair play, I suppose they do need washing now and again.

I note that you’ve changed your avatar from anti truck to slightly less inflammatory (see what I did there?) anti smoking. Go dude, you are our own personal crusader. Well done you.

the maoster:
Fair play, I suppose they do need washing now and again.

I note that you’ve changed your avatar from anti truck to slightly less inflammatory (see what I did there?) anti smoking. Go dude, you are our own personal crusader. Well done you.

Well done you for noticing I changed my avatar a couple of week ago, during the strange behaviour thread.
To be honest I can’t really comment on anything noticeable you have done recently :unamused:
Sorry to disappoint.

Wasn’t it Muckaway who asked Community Speedwatch peeps to go ■■■■ themselves in a day cetre :laughing: :laughing:

What annoys me with the likes of Stop Stansted expansion, aircraft noise from RAF Coltishal (as was) etc etc is that many of these places are years old. Church bells for instance. I like the sound!

The noise of seagulls or fishermen at the seaside, Speedway circuits, heritage railways, the list goes on.

Ah well :laughing:

harry:
Them pesky vows! :laughing:

moooooooooooo :grimacing: :grimacing:

Can’t beat the long blast of a ships horn or a train.The UK is a nation of complainers.
One thing i detest is bags of dog ■■■ tossed in hedges or hanging from a tree.You made the effort to bin the ■■■.
Dog walkers that do not have their pooch on a lead in the side of the road.It is ok they say,he is trained.