Anti truck brigade - what would you do?

Arrived at ASDA Blantyre a few hours ago, for those who don’t know it you have to do a blind side reverse off a road parallel to the store.

So swing out to the right and reverse to the left.

I was lucky enough to crack the front off side cluster on my scanny (tiny!) on a railing that’s shorter than my 1 year old.

Now in doing so there was no other damage other than my light, but within seconds I had the locals out taking pictures and jotting down details.

So I stopped and made it obvious I was taking a picture of them too.

But my question is, if you have a minor bump and those who choose to live at the gates of a delivery bay hand out grief what do you do?

In fairness my fridge kicked in at the time of the incident but at 7.30 in the evening that’s just tough ■■■■.

Everyone makes mistakes during the course of their work, just as they do in their personal lives. That’s one of the many reasons we have insurance.

As long as you were doing the right thing and at least making a note of everything should your gaffer wish to claim it on the insurance etc, then I’d have just ignored them and got on with my job.

They can do as they like, if they question it, unless they own the railing its really nothing to do with them and I’d have told them, politely, that I was getting on with my job.

Or if I was in a right mood and thought the boss could deal with phonecalls of complaint without getting on my arse about it then they’d have been told to ZB off and keep their noses out.

simply hand the keys over to said ppl n say here u go im sorry im so ■■■■ no will one u lot put your camera down n show me how to do it n when no one comes forward u say no thought so now ■■■■ off n let me get on with it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Make sure you report it to the traffic office , I know it’s petty but it’s about covering your ■■■ !
In my last job, one off our drivers had a minor bump 3rd party say’d to forget it , drove off changed his mind phoned work and complained , driver got warning not for accident but for not reporting it !