Anti Siphon Device

recently, i fitted some anti siphon devices, made by one of the more well known manufacturer, to some of the trucks, the others already had them fitted

on sunday morning, i had to go to the yard to do a few little jobs to the trucks/trailers, when i got there, this was the remains of one of them

it just goes to show how stupid some people are, there were other vehicles in the yard without them and also some even without locking fuel caps, they didn’t get touched

the other strange bit is, after they had done all the damage to the device and the tank, they only took approx 100 litres from the tank when it was 3/4 full, they even had the kindness to put the remains of the cap back over the hole to stop the rain getting in the tank

as per usual, the police don’t really want to know :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

And all they needed was an oil filter strap! When I was in Rungis once and had a little tank relented incident (!) the Scania man who came out whipped off the anti syphon device in a second with said tool.

Anyhow as a recent diesel theft victim this stuff drives me mad with rage!

you’re lucky they did’nt just pickaxe the tank , we had that happen a few times were i used to work … cor blimey that did’nt go down well … :open_mouth:

very true Bowser

but as i said in my original post, the strange bit is, after al that damage, why only take 100 litres?

they seem to pick on one vehicle at a time, not all of them

it comes across as if they take a bit and hope you won’t notice, but how can you fail to notice that damage

the really confusing part is, they always put the cap back on the tank after they have finished :confused:

Do you not have cctv at the yard Spanky? There are systems that will alert you to intruders giving you a chance to phone plod who will come and catch 'em :laughing: or give you the chance to intercept them yourself while waiting for PC99! :wink:

You need some big agressive dogs in the yard Spanky, a nice friendly Alsation or something :stuck_out_tongue:

Lycanthrope:
You need some big agressive dogs in the yard Spanky, a nice friendly Alsation or something :stuck_out_tongue:

Or some big aggressive DAGS!!..some elements of our transitory population dont like DAGS :laughing: :laughing: :angry:

The anti syphon devices will not stop a thief who is up for it, as they aren’t that hard to get through as you’ve had first hand experience of.

They are only really useful if you’re night outing in the cab and then the noise needed to get through the device would alert you to the thieves. It’s also a deterrent as the thieves may just move on to the next truck withot one fitted. Will also stop your own drivers syphoning the tank although if they want it, they’ll just fill a jerry up at the pumps, more chance of being caught doing this though.

The bottom bit is most likely still in you tank as well shuttle.

They’re totally pointless, if someone wants the diesel, they’ll have it

Allely’s used to weld a new neck on the tank even if it’s alloy don’t do it so much now.

Got stopped by Vosa :imp: a good few years back when they had just started to become the norm, wanted to dip the tank on a pretty new wagon couldn’t get his pipe through so got quite angry with me :astonished: ‘Get me in that tank or i will cut it open and you can sit here for 12 hours’

Ended up breaking the sender out of tank so he could have his thimble full absoloute ■■■■■■ :angry:

At my dads place they have trouble with travelers and have now got some one in at night because, even though they were being watched on CCTV (the person watching them on CCTV was told not to confront them) they had other travelers watching for police coming and so could get out of the place asap.

Your average ■■■■■, that’s what these people are, is of limited intelligence, years ago they broke into my yard and nicked the aluminium sides of a tilt trailer, the trailer was full of lead ingots which were worth a hell of a lot more than the aluminium sides, sometimes it’s a blessing in disguise that they’re so thick, if they had brains they’d be a lot more dangerous :unamused:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

reckon if they only took a 100 litres then thats what it took to fill the van up and they had no containers for the rest of it.
tbh i think the anti syphon things are a waste because as said if they want it, it aint going to stop em, but everyone one on our fleet has them fitted and a lot of the bigger fleets do so maybe the companies make a saving by preventing their drivers helping themselves :question:

I reckon there were two of them with two 25ltr drums each and thats why they only took 100 ltrs.They wouldnt be able to carry anymore.

about as much use as a chocolate tea pot!
have you thought about how the stack pipe is fixed into the tank on a lot of trucks?
a cordless drill also goes through an alloy tank like a hot knife through butter!
how do these devices stop a driver filling a drum at the services?
and now theres diesel and locking device to replace £
I recently brought a 24 volt cctv system for some remote farm buildings that records onto a disc with 4 cameras,much like a reversing system thats fitted to trucks this seems to have paid for itself over and over and uses v little power just a thought!
moose

You can’t stop the drivers nicking it. A little bit of ‘creativity’ with the fuel card is all that is needed. :bulb:

moose1:
about as much use as a chocolate tea pot!
have you thought about how the stack pipe is fixed into the tank on a lot of trucks?
a cordless drill also goes through an alloy tank like a hot knife through butter!
how do these devices stop a driver filling a drum at the services?
and now theres diesel and locking device to replace £
I recently brought a 24 volt cctv system for some remote farm buildings that records onto a disc with 4 cameras,much like a reversing system thats fitted to trucks this seems to have paid for itself over and over and uses v little power just a thought!
moose

Exactly , a 1/4 turn of a stack pipe and you have open access to all the fuel in the tank and the opposite one if it is linked without a tap. no tools required, just a pipe

switchlogic:
And all they needed was an oil filter strap! When I was in Rungis once and had a little tank relented incident (!) the Scania man who came out whipped off the anti syphon device in a second with said tool.

Anyhow as a recent diesel theft victim this stuff drives me mad with rage!

You just need a £10.- drill Machine from B&Q and put a Can underneeth

Rob K:
You can’t stop the drivers nicking it. A little bit of ‘creativity’ with the fuel card is all that is needed. :bulb:

Ah! The old plus 50 with the bankers card! :laughing: Anywhere still do that? :open_mouth: