Anti-Lorry Amnesty

Post any lorry-bashing you read about here…
This is one complaining of 20 lorry movements per day :unamused:
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox … e-17063345

Apparently some do-gooders recorded and noted movements of nasty lorries trundling through Bath,and now the council are fuming because the lorries had no business connection and using a major european trunk route as a rat run and short cut.
We know about the lorry spotters at Bradford on Avon,who stay all day for free,writing down number plates.
If you google ban hgv`s,it seems every town in the uk wants a truck ban,i do not where they get the time to form groups and lobby for support.Only concern is the drop in their house prices.

There was a spot check in Watlington the other day; One of our drivers entered into the 7.5t limit because he couldn’t into site the other way, busybody councillor wanted him booked but copper let it go on safety grounds. Common sense for once.
Another driver once told a spot checker “of course I’m delivering; This village is a ■■■■ hole I wouldn’t choose to visit”…

It gets worst :exclamation:

youtube.com/watch?feature=en … pVxuE&NR=1

Whatever next,hair driers for speed guns. :slight_smile:

Shame they wont ban them completely.

UK roads were built for horse and carts and can not cope with artics,in europe most towns and villages have a suitable route to by pass it.

toby1234abc:
UK roads were built for horse and carts and can not cope with artics,in europe most towns and villages have a suitable route to by pass it.

I dare to say most roads in the world of Europe, when built by the roman’s where built for the same purpose!

one of out drivers got reported for ignoring this weight limit last week by a councilor, the man must be feeling a bit of a ■■■■ right now as no weight limit was contravened as shown by the print out by the satalite tracking and photographs of his stupid signs approaching yarm town from the shell garage end (which state 7.5 ton weight limit in 1 1/2 miles). the actual weight limit doesn’t start till the tescos island to the durham lane ind est which is the north of the town. our driver went through the town and over yarm bridge and took the right fork in the road not the left (which says 7.5 ton weight limit in 1/4 mile) which would of took him up to the 7.5 ton weight limit.

"Carol Bowler, 50, said: “Everyone you ask around here would agree this is a good idea. There’s lorries all times of day and night. Yarm Bridge can’t take it any longer.”
did carol train as a structual engineer, how does she know the bridge can’t take it.

"Her friend Jean Hunter, 55, said: “I’m all for the ban if it gets rid of them. They are always trundling up and down, going over Yarm Bridge.”

which still isn’t in the 7.5 ton zone

jonboy

thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Firm- … nt-2931951

This is closer to home, my home, but I still think it was a bit harsh, it was a road crew with a mini digger & a road roller behind the 2 lorries.

The company was fined £850 and £950 for the respective breaches, ordered to pay court costs of £115 and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £15.

fingers:
Campaigners back Eaglescliffe lorry ban - Teesside Live

one of out drivers got reported for ignoring this weight limit last week by a councilor, the man must be feeling a bit of a ■■■■ right now as no weight limit was contravened as shown by the print out by the satalite tracking and photographs of his stupid signs approaching yarm town from the shell garage end (which state 7.5 ton weight limit in 1 1/2 miles). the actual weight limit doesn’t start till the tescos island to the durham lane ind est which is the north of the town. our driver went through the town and over yarm bridge and took the right fork in the road not the left (which says 7.5 ton weight limit in 1/4 mile) which would of took him up to the 7.5 ton weight limit.

"Carol Bowler, 50, said: “Everyone you ask around here would agree this is a good idea. There’s lorries all times of day and night. Yarm Bridge can’t take it any longer.”
did carol train as a structual engineer, how does she know the bridge can’t take it.

"Her friend Jean Hunter, 55, said: “I’m all for the ban if it gets rid of them. They are always trundling up and down, going over Yarm Bridge.”

which still isn’t in the 7.5 ton zone

jonboy

Must have been Luke if it was trundling.

google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=off … 20&bih=942

Take your pick…

Too dusty, too many trucks, trucks parking on street (to buy stuff from shops usually…), trucks running but not moving (PTO driven trailers) etc etc etc.

bloody do gooders if they can’t ban the truck they ban loading/unloading set times my last job there’s one house (built after the industrial estate was built) one unit on the estate take delivery at 7:30 of 7 Full cages but you can’t load the empty’s till 8:30 due to noise restriction but your aloud to keep the truck running though :open_mouth: